Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dido-Master
Participant
Participant
Jump to solution

Remote vpn DNS resolution

Hello everyone!

I´m trying to connect to a host in the corporate internal network from a vpn using name and i´m unable to resolve it.

Can someone help me please!?

Thanks in advance!!! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
the_rock
Legend
Legend

K, here it is. IF what I said in my first post is true, make sure (or whoever has access to smart console) that what I pointed out is selected to your company's INTERNAL dns servers, NOT google dns, which is what I have (mine is just a lab, thats why)

Cheers,

Screenshot_1.png

Andy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What version of client?
What precise options were chosen during installation, if any?

If you installed as a SecuRemote client, DNS won't work unless the gateway is configured correctly, see: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Remote-Access-VPN/Quick-Primer-on-How-to-Configure-your-Gateway-... 
If you installed as either Endpoint Security VPN or Check Point Mobile, you should have been assigned an internal DNS server on connection unless there is a misconfiguration somewhere.

If you installed as SecuRemote, try reinstalling as Check Point Mobile instead.
If that doesn't work, you need to work with whomever maintains the Check Point gateways you are attempting to connect to.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Sounds like you can connect to the VPN site itself, just cant resolve the host by name once connected. If thats the case, please check settings I will put in a separate post here, as soon as I find them in smart console.

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

K, here it is. IF what I said in my first post is true, make sure (or whoever has access to smart console) that what I pointed out is selected to your company's INTERNAL dns servers, NOT google dns, which is what I have (mine is just a lab, thats why)

Cheers,

Screenshot_1.png

Andy

0 Kudos
Dido-Master
Participant
Participant

Thanks a lot Mr. the_rock, the solution worked!!!

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Mr Dwayne Johnson is the REAL "Rock", Im more Mr Pebble ; - )

Anyway, glad it worked...its setting easy to overlook.

Cheers,

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events