cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmorgan
Contributor

Remote Access Client Update/Configuration

Two questions slightly connected questions: 

Is there a way to update the VPN client from the latest version from the gateway? For example, on a Cisco ASA you can just upload the latest AnyConnect to the gateway and then the next time the client connects it will pull down and install the updated version.

Is there a way to push out a new configuration to the client? We are in the process of updating our authentication methods from just username and password to Cert and Password. We need the clients to automatically configure the new authentication options.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

You sure can. Get Check Point Endpoint Security Management to remotely update and administrate your endpoint and VPN clients.

0 Kudos
tmorgan
Contributor

Thanks, I was always under the impression this was a separate licence. But looking at that link... I think... that as I have a management server that is licenced to manage up to 5 gateways, I can configure the full Check Point End Point security suite and manage this from the management server for up to 500 end points?

0 Kudos
Ave_Joe
Contributor

1.  Is there a way to update the VPN client from the latest version from the gateway?

Yes.  The process is listed in the document titled "ENDPOINT SECURITY CLIENT E80.72 AND HIGHER FOR WINDOWS" found in the Support Center.   Page 29  "Automatic Upgrade from the Gateway."  We just completed an upgrade for unmanaged VPN clients using this method 2 weeks ago.

2.  Is there a way to push out a new configuration to the client?

Best I can find there is not a way to do this from the gateway.  The document ""ENDPOINT SECURITY CLIENT E80.72 AND HIGHER FOR WINDOWS" does cover a way to do it using client side tools.  Page 35  "Updating User Sites with the Update Configuration Tool"

Hope this helps.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events