Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bob111
Contributor

Problem with vpn

Hello, a client couldn't connect to the vpn - received Failed to load virtual adapter error. He was using the 81.20 endpoint version, I was told that this problem was solved in newer versions so he downloaded 86.50 and now he is using it and receives another error - certificate is badly signed. 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Few questions:

1) Does this happen ONLY with one user or everyone?

2) If its only 1 user, then it clearly tells us its not fw issue. If its multiple people, then I would look on gateway side

3) IF this indeed happens with multiple users, can you verify that vpn cert on firewall is valid?

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Please provide a screenshot of where you are seeing this error to give us more context as to what the problem might be.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Presume this is on Windows, which version and are you using SDL?

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Remote-Access-VPN/Secure-Domain-Logon-Certificate-is-badly-signe... 

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
bob111
Contributor

Hi Chris, Our VPN Client is E81.20, the wired thing is that error happens to all users trying to login to the VPN using a certain PC. The same user is able to login from a different computer.
Unfortunately I can't provide a screenshot but we can see the error both from the client after we receive a connection failure. And on the SMS we can see the log of the failed log in with the reason of certificate is badly signed 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Most likely to troubleshoot this, you will need to open a TAC case.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

If thats the case, does not sound like fw issue at all, but more that specific computer. Can you install newer client on it (ie E86.xx or E87.xx) and test?

Andy

bob111
Contributor

Hi, sorry. most of our users use vpn client 81.20. One client told me that his vpn wasn't working - he got 'failed to load virtual network adapter' error - I opened a TAC and I was told that this version was no longer supported and that this issue was fixed in newer versions. But now, the client is using vpn client 86.50 and he gets another error - 'certificate is badly signed' - and as far as I can tell he has no problem with the certificate. It also happens to other users trying to use the vpn on this computer.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

The fix for the "Certificate is badly signed" issue will be available in coming E87.20 (should be GA within few weeks). If for some reason it doesn't help in your specific configuration, please open support case and refer this ID: "ESVPN-3747".

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
bob111
Contributor

I don't see this issue in the fixes, do you have the list of solved issues maybe?

I also can't find version 87.20

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

As above it's not released publically just yet, next week or so.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Apologies if my question was unclear I was asking about the Windows version 10/11 pro vs enterprise etc.

Anything else specific about this machine in terms of patch level or other software installed?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events