Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_rock
Legend
Legend
Jump to solution

Link Selection Probing for Remote Access VPN - sk113617

Hey guys,

I really want to confirm something 100%. Above sk in the title, we understand and TAC told us this before that automatic failover with ISP redundancy is not supported with remote access VPN, but, to be absolutely sure, does this sk imply that isp redundancy is NOT supported with remote access vpn period, or just link selection part is not supported?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The way I interpret it, absent a clear SK to the contrary, is just the Link Selection part that's not supported. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

My understanding is that there is no mechanism on the Remote Access client to know that the gateway has failed over to the secondary ISP.
Which effectively means: Remote Access won't work when the gateway is failed over to the secondary ISP. 
There is an internal SK that talks about a not-recommended workaround to this which has some limitations.

I suspect proper support for this would require an RFE.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thanks D...we actually do know that, but here is what I need to confirm. As I mentioned in my post, customer understands that automatic failover does not work and its not supported with isp redundancy for RA, BUT, does sk imply that isp edundancy is not supported with RA period, OR just the link selection part is not supported?

Thats actually what I wanted to confirm.

Cheers,

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The way I interpret it, absent a clear SK to the contrary, is just the Link Selection part that's not supported. 

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thanks as always D, appreciated! Thats exactly how I understood it as well...cheers.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events