Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abihsot__
Advisor
Jump to solution

IPSec VPN certificate

Hi there,

I wanted to upload 3rd party certificate to the gateway, however the only option is to use "add" button, which in turn would generate private key, CSR and will wait for me to come back with signed certificate and do "complete".

It all would be fine, however I want to upload the same certificate on multiple gateways. I see "export P12", so I assume there is a hidden way to "import P12"?

image.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

That SK talks about exporting the certificate.
The question is about importing an existing certificate with a private key for IPsec VPN, which is not supported or best practice.
If you generate a new certificate using the same Certificate Authority as the previous certificate, it should work without difficulty.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Don’t believe you can or should use the same certificate on multiple gateways.

0 Kudos
abihsot__
Advisor

I understand your concerns, but there might be cases where it could be beneficial.

I assume "export P12" button is for making backup of certificate + private key, however what is the purpose of such backup if you can't import it?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I believe that is for the public Certificate Authority key, not the gateway certificate. 

0 Kudos
Yuber_Sierra_av
Participant

Hello @PhoneBoy,

I'm worndering the same as @abihsot__ , in my case I'm replacing old Cluster to new gateway models, so, I need to import the IPSec VPN Certificate which resides in the SMS, but there is no such option to Import the certificate to the new Cluster.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

That SK talks about exporting the certificate.
The question is about importing an existing certificate with a private key for IPsec VPN, which is not supported or best practice.
If you generate a new certificate using the same Certificate Authority as the previous certificate, it should work without difficulty.

0 Kudos