Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gerardnz
Explorer

Check Point E86.80_CheckPointVPN

Following the installation of the E86.80_CheckPointVPN, when I ran the Check Point client I got error messages saying the following files were missing:

MF.dll

MFPlat.dll

EVR.dll

MFCORE.dll

mfperhelper.dll

I have added a copy of dll files to the C:\Windows\SysWOW64.  I got copies of all these except mfperhelper.dll from the host file system.  I had to down load a copy of the mfperhelper.dll file.  The version that I down loaded does not seem be right for the version of Check Point installed.  When I try to run the check point client I get the following error

Gerardnz_0-1688607383313.png

There is something that the client does not like about this file. How do we find the correct version.

Gerard

0 Kudos
3 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Please reinstall the client. Do not copy over the "missing files" manually. If the issue persists after re-installation, please open a support call with TAC: https://help.checkpoint.com

0 Kudos
Gerardnz
Explorer

Did a reinstall as suggested (actually a repair) and got the following error message

2023-07-07 08_04_32-FRaaS Access VM-2 on LAP148W - Virtual Machine Connection.png

Did a retry but this also failed had to click the Ignore button a number of times before it would progress. 

Once the VM had rebooted I tried running the Check Point Client again and got the same error message as before.

Also checked the registry key to confirm that I was able to access and edit it.

2023-07-07 08_30_26-FRaaS Access VM-2 on LAP148W - Virtual Machine Connection.png

So not sure why the installer could not do this.

I would raise a ticked with support but I don't have an association with an account.  We work with DXC New Zealand who say that they do have a service account with Check Point.  Will see if I can get on there account.

Regards,

Gerard

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

If DXC supplied the client perhaps request the latest for testing e.g. E87.30_CheckPointVPN.msi

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events