cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fran_Granados
Explorer
Jump to solution

Change source for LDAP phone info for DynamicID

Is it possible to change which LDAP attribute DynamicID uses when looking for mobile phone information?

I'd like to use "otherMobile" rather than "mobile". This is for R80.10

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ED
Advisor

Hi,

Not tested this change but you can try in lab.

In GuiDBedit navigate to:

+Managed Objects -> ldap -> Microsoft_AD

In the lower pane, find the Field: PhoneNumberAttr

Double-click PhoneNumberAttr and change its value to: otherMobile

Click File -> Save all

Exit GuiDBedit, Open SmartDashboard, and install policy to your gateway

Just something else about dynamicID that might help you from CheckPoint support:

"According to R80.10 Mobile Access Admin Guide page 152, The default country code is added if the phone number stored on the LDAP server or on the local file on the gateway starts with 0.

In this case, the user's phone number doesn't start with 0 and therefore the country code wasn't added to it.

In order to the default country code to be added we must have a 0 in the first number of the phone." I hope someone from Check Point can answer why there has to be a 0 in front of the phonenumber? In my country phone numbers doesn't start with 0. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ED
Advisor

Hi,

Not tested this change but you can try in lab.

In GuiDBedit navigate to:

+Managed Objects -> ldap -> Microsoft_AD

In the lower pane, find the Field: PhoneNumberAttr

Double-click PhoneNumberAttr and change its value to: otherMobile

Click File -> Save all

Exit GuiDBedit, Open SmartDashboard, and install policy to your gateway

Just something else about dynamicID that might help you from CheckPoint support:

"According to R80.10 Mobile Access Admin Guide page 152, The default country code is added if the phone number stored on the LDAP server or on the local file on the gateway starts with 0.

In this case, the user's phone number doesn't start with 0 and therefore the country code wasn't added to it.

In order to the default country code to be added we must have a 0 in the first number of the phone." I hope someone from Check Point can answer why there has to be a 0 in front of the phonenumber? In my country phone numbers doesn't start with 0. 

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
0 Kudos
Fran_Granados
Explorer

Thanks Enis, I can confirm that this worked.

George_Sas
Contributor

Worked for me also and I used extensionAttribute5 as the others were in use for other systems.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events