Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Burra
Explorer
Jump to solution

Cannot re-install VPN client

Hi all,

Just wanted to find out if this is a typical issue of the CheckPoint VPN client, I have installed E80.92 a while back, it has since stopped responding on Windows 10, after uninstalling the client there has been no way I can install a newer agent, comes back with errors on all systems I attempt to install a newer client on, it seems to not uninstall correctly and when installing tries to access locked system files? the accounts I use have been administrator accounts, I have attached some screen shots of the errors if anyone has encountered this issue and resolved please let me know

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The self-protection mechanism in a handful of end-of-support versions have a bug that makes it impossible to uninstall/reinstall the client without applying a fix.
Get it from: https://checkpoint.com/fix

View solution in original post

4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The self-protection mechanism in a handful of end-of-support versions have a bug that makes it impossible to uninstall/reinstall the client without applying a fix.
Get it from: https://checkpoint.com/fix

Burra
Explorer

Thanks for that PhoneBoy
Ran the patch but unfortunately did not solve my problem, I am now getting another permission error to msvcp140.dll file in the syswow64 folder, could move the file so did to see what would happen but then got installer errors, have you maybe seen these errors, will be trying this fix on a client system shortly to see if it works on another system, will revert back once complete

Thanks again

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You may want to involve the TAC in this.

0 Kudos
Burra
Explorer

@PhoneBoy  Thanks again for your help, the fix did work on one of the users computers, just not mine for some reason, which I can live with.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events