cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ptuttle_2
Contributor

Skyline Dashboard Questions

Hello;

We are testing Skyline in a lab environment and noticed that there are a few items not in the dashboard.

VPN, Routing and Clustering are not displayed.

I looked over the "Skyline Metrics Repository" and went to the explore tab of the Grafana dashboard, and was able to enter some of the items but clustering metric would not take.

Also the VPN metric "VPN_IKE_PEERS"  seems to show the max number of peers the gateway has seen but we are looking for the number of active IKE peers.  Tried a few others in the vpn and blade metric section but no go.

The lab is R81.20 jumbo 10 on both the SMS and the VM gateway.  The site to site VPNs are SMBs.  We understand the SMBs are not supported but was hoping to see the VPN info (number of active peers) on the VM gateway.

We have only been at this Skyline testing for a few days and have allot to learn.

Thanks and appreciate any guidance on this.

-pat

0 Kudos
9 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Do you see the relevant data in cpview?

0 Kudos
ptuttle_2
Contributor

Thanks for your response.  Well  yes we do see what we want under "vpn" "Tunnel-Monitoring" "Live Peers"  I get the feeling that this particular metric is not included and I'm thinking that the VPN_IKE_PEERS is actually how many are configured and not how many are actively up.

One of our main objectives of looking at Skyline was to have VPN site to site info displayed.  If this is because of the metric not being there,  are there plans to have more VPN metrics added?

We are rookies with Skyline and it would appear that not everything in CPVIEW is included in the Skyline metrics?

Thanks

-pat

0 Kudos
Arik_Ovtracht
Employee
Employee

Yes, there are plans to add more VPN related data to Skyline soon.

In case you didn't know - every metric which is currently exported by Skyline can be found here: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/Appliances/Skyline/Content/Topics-Skyline-Metrics/Introduction.... 

ptuttle_2
Contributor

Thanks that's good to hear.  How are these updated?  is it thorough a jumbo or some other method?  I thought I read somewhere that if we had auto updates turned on? 

-pat

0 Kudos
Arik_Ovtracht
Employee
Employee

Some parts of Skyline require to be updated only via JHFs, but most of it can be updated automatically. 

In this case, I think that the update might require a JHF, but not sure at the moment.

0 Kudos
ptuttle_2
Contributor

Sorry for all the questions. We are becoming a Splunk environment and one of the videos mentioned that this would work with Splunk.  I have been asked to look into this as well.  Is there any Check Point info regarding this?   

-pat

0 Kudos
Arik_Ovtracht
Employee
Employee

We are planning to work on supporting other 3rd-party monitoring tools (besides Prometheus) soon, and Splunk is one of those. This will also be in the coming months.

(1)
Sven_Glock
Advisor

Please update this link, it is leading to an dead end, thank you!

0 Kudos
Arik_Ovtracht
Employee
Employee

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events