Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jataiy
Explorer
Jump to solution

OpenTelemetry Collector Contrib - Installation on Check Point

Hello everyone,

As you may know, otelcol (OpenTelemetry Collector) provides support for a limited set of exporters, including Prometheus. This limitation means that sending metrics to alternative platforms, such as InfluxDB in my case, may not be straightforward out-of-the-box. 

On the other hand, otelcol-contrib (OpenTelemetry Collector Contrib) provides a wide range of exporters that allow seamless integration with various observability platforms including InfluxDB. By doing this, I eliminated one moving piece and simplified our monitoring setup. I'm happy to report that I successfully ran otelcol-contrib on Check Point, and it's working as expected.

However, I think I need assistance in correctly installing otelcol-contrib to ensure it adheres to the recommended guidelines provided by the Skyline Team.

Thank you in advance for your time and support.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Arik_Ovtracht
Employee
Employee

Hi, head of the Skyline team here.

We intend to add support for several monitoring services apart from Prometheus/Grafana during the next few months. As part of that effort, we will look into otelcol-contrib and will publish our conclusions.

In the meantime - if it works, then you are of course free to use it. Just be mindful that it was not officially tested and recommended by us yet.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not sure if we've formally tested with otelcol-contrib.
However, glad to know it's working as expected 🙂

0 Kudos
jataiy
Explorer

Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
Arik_Ovtracht
Employee
Employee

Hi, head of the Skyline team here.

We intend to add support for several monitoring services apart from Prometheus/Grafana during the next few months. As part of that effort, we will look into otelcol-contrib and will publish our conclusions.

In the meantime - if it works, then you are of course free to use it. Just be mindful that it was not officially tested and recommended by us yet.

0 Kudos
jataiy
Explorer

That's great to know, thank you for responding. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)