Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ICSI
Collaborator
Jump to solution

double sign in at checkpoint.com annoying!

I wondering how many of you have the same experience when trying to sing into the checkpoint.com website, it is annoying!

So every time during the day that I want to sign into checkpoint.com to access my partner profile, I get an error that my 2fa is not valid and I have to type back again my user name and password, after the second try then I am able to access the site.

I have tried in Mac and Windows and its the same. One of my employees off-site has the same issue, he needs to sing in two times in order to access the partner dashboard.

It became extra annoying when I am trying to use my cell phone, oh is a no-no! by when I shift from the browser into my 2fa app and back, that thing expires and it turns enraging! 

I am the only one? I do not believe so.

Regards,

Oscar Catana
https://ipthub.com

Cyber Sec Passionate!
(2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Exactly. There isn't a clear way to report website issues, and none of the well-known support channels know how to report them either.

One of my User Center accounts (this one) started forcing me to reset my password every few months a few years ago, and I haven't been able to find anybody who can tell me why, where this is controlled, or how to remove it. Other older accounts don't show the same behavior, and nobody can tell me why that is either.

View solution in original post

ICSI
Collaborator

Excellent!  "Now we are cooking with gas!" - Finally, this is working at the first try! 

You know, I am glad I started this thread and that you all participated to call the R&D attention now we can find another bug :D.

checkpoint login.jpg

Thank you @PhoneBoy for passing our concerns to the awesome team of R&D team. please let them know that we are happy and pleased!

Regards,

Oscar Catana

Cyber Sec Passionate!

View solution in original post

42 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It's possible this is related to some upcoming changes we are planning to make.
In any case, I've reported the issue internally. 

ICSI
Collaborator

Thanks @PhoneBoy 

I am surprised that when I reported it some people said that it was only me and that nobody has complained about it. You know what the annoying part is, that sometimes I am in a rush trying to sign in using my phone to for example to use "engage" and is so crazy that that's why I am not using it a lot. silly bug. 

I wonder if more people are not using Engage because the same reason. Good question ah? 

Regards,

Oscar Catana

Cyber Sec Passionate!
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

What's super "fun" is logging in here. I click the button to log in, and it makes me authenticate twice in a row as you described, then takes me to ... accounts.checkpoint.com. When I go back to community.checkpoint.com (either via back button or by typing it into the address bar), I'm still logged out, so I have to hit the button to log in again and authenticate a third time. I am then able to check notifications, post, and so on.

Billest
Explorer

Same here.  I am almost tempted to disable the 2-step authentication just to make it one less step to sign in.  

0 Kudos
ICSI
Collaborator

That's what I am talking about!!

That is exactly what I described as my problem and without no solution.  I placed a Service Request and I wonder why this ticket was not escalated to R&D. 

I sent videos detailing the issue and the temporary solution was to disable 2FA off my account! LOL - horrible. I activated back and resigned to live with a stone in my shoe. 😄 

Regards,

Oscar Catana

Cyber Sec Passionate!
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Part of the problem is there's no clear place for people outside to report problems with the website. The TAC doesn't know what to do with them. My sales team doesn't know what to do with them. So I mostly just notice something new broken, roll my eyes, and start finding a workaround.

just13pro
Collaborator

Just my 2 cents here.

TAC is Tech Support who only knows how to do troubleshooting related to CP products and R&D is the software developer build/enhance CP product.

While Secure Knowledge website is done by Web Designer, Web Developer, UI/UX Team.

If anyone can feedback to the correct channel, I guess it will help.

Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Exactly. There isn't a clear way to report website issues, and none of the well-known support channels know how to report them either.

One of my User Center accounts (this one) started forcing me to reset my password every few months a few years ago, and I haven't been able to find anybody who can tell me why, where this is controlled, or how to remove it. Other older accounts don't show the same behavior, and nobody can tell me why that is either.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

To the best of my knowledge, the only way to remove this requirement to change your password every few months is to set up MFA.

0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

My current work account doesn't have MFA set up, and I've never had to rotate its password.

NIST was one of the last major organizations recommending periodic password rotation as a general practice, and they stopped over six years ago (SP800-63B, 5.1.1.2: "Verifiers SHOULD NOT require memorized secrets to be changed arbitrarily (e.g., periodically).").

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I got used to that, not even paying attention to it lol. I tried 7 different browsers, 3 different phones, 4 different ISPs, even tested on different phone providers (data only) and no dice. Yes, its annoying, 100%, but as my late grandfather used to say "There are way worse things in life" 

That is the fact...

ICSI
Collaborator

We know now that this is a problem that Checkpoint should look into. @PhoneBoy What do you think? 

Regards,

Oscar Catana

Cyber Sec Passionate!
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

He said it was reported internally, so Im sure they are aware.

Andy

0 Kudos
ICSI
Collaborator

Good thing we are not "french" otherwise we will be creating riots and burning appliances to get their attention! hahaha - We love Check Point for sure. here we are! faithful to the core.

Regards,

Oscar Catana

Cyber Sec Passionate!
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Im sure it will get fixed soon...yes its little annoying, but nothing too bad.

Andy

0 Kudos
RS_Daniel
Advisor

Hello,

Same here, have to log in twice to access checkpoint sites. Another issue we've had is that we can not login with browser in normal mode, we get a message "Login error", need to open a in private window so we can login there. It can be seen as "a little issue" but when you have to deal with it every day many times in a day it becomes really annoying. Hope it is fixed soon.

Regards

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I never had an issue having to do this in private browser window, not once.

Andy

0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

I‘ve the same issue here. Firefox, chrome, Edge …. , same behaviour with in private browsing and the same with MFA activated or not. Similar issue with support website after login, sometimes I get the search field, sometimes not, sometimes refreshing the website helps, sometimes a new page with the site has to be started.

https://usercenter.checkpoint.com the list of accounts shows up, sometimes not. Rotating points shown for a long time with no results after 5minutes.

My feeling, the problems starts since the new protection of Check Points website via cloudflare services.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The issue with multiple sign in is known and is related to some infrastructure changes we've recently made.
As of last week, the issue has been reproduced internally and we are working on a fix. 

Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Might be fixed? I just had to sign in to the forum again. It only prompted me one time, and it took me to the forum rather than to my User Center account.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

As every IT person likes to say...SHOULD be fixed ; - )

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

Same here, but I noticed it is not always the same. One day it asks me to do "double" log in, some other day all is looking OKish. Maybe it depends from which Check Point sub-page you are going to log in.

If someone is too paranoid about security, I can imagine the following thinking:

"hey, I just provided to you the correct username and password and you are asking me to do it again ?! This has to be some phishing webpage which will stole my credentials ! No way I will do it again, closing the webpage"

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Well, as @PhoneBoy said, issue was reproduced on CP side, so Im fairly positive it will be sorted out.

Andy

ICSI
Collaborator

are you reading my mind now? OMG!! LOL 

Regards,

Oscar Catana

Cyber Sec Passionate!
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I know, I literally have that thought EVERY time it happens, but yet I do it anyway...sort of like in game of chess, you stare at the piece you can take and then you blunder a queen LOL

0 Kudos
ICSI
Collaborator

You know what's the biggest bummer?

First: People who tried to help me, said: you are the only one! (Complaining probably!) 

Second: when I am checking Check Mates, I do not need to sign in back, it automatically logs me in without even asking a thing. that means that my session is always on. 

and I can tell this is a deal for everyone as partners. 

Check this out: I meet with my Check Point Rep and his Tech Support Ninja a few months ago here in California. During our meeting I told them about my experience and ITS HAPPENS that as employees they do not have that problem, but when I tried to sing in, using one of their computers, I had to double sing in!! UNBELIEVABLE if you are not watching with your own eyes. 

A Check Point Mistery! 

Regards,

Oscar Catana

Cyber Sec Passionate!
(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I get all your points, it is frustrating, so all we can hope is they get it fixed soon mate.

Cheers,

Andy

0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

hey folks,

same for me, logging in to UC takes me 2 times same login (with 2FA or without same thing) but logging to the UC account which I use for CheckMates (personal UC acc.) takes me straight away so my observation is:

1. security cookies messed up?

2. AUTH (SAML) or any other type of collision course with systems used on particular computer?

3. 2FA realm double check from the server(s)?

4. who knows what else but agree with ALL of you - slightly annoying but hey, as Andy's grandad says "there are worst things in life ..." lol 😄

Jerry
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Its true mate...and whenever my granddad would say that when he was alive, my mom (his daughter) would always respond to him "Dad, you always compare yourself to worse, OF COURSE, there is always someone or something worse than you" HAHAHA lol

Well, I see both points : - )

Sounded way funnier in our language 🙂

Andy

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events