Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vcavallo
Explorer

No Connection in Capsule Workspace after iOS 14 upgrade.

Hi guys,

since I upgraded som iOS devices to iOS 14, I cannot connect to VPN site with Capsule Workspace anymore. After providing password and pressing "Connect" button, username and password disappear and connection is not established. No error message.

Has anyone faced this issue as well?

Thx

Vito

0 Kudos
8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Have you updated the app recently?
Personally not having any issues with iOS 14 but I’m also running the latest version.

0 Kudos
vcavallo
Explorer

Yes, it's the latest version of Capsule Workspace (Version 1009.0).

0 Kudos
Turh
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi there,

It's important to know - are you referring to "Capsule Connect" - the VPN client of iOS - or "Capsule Workspace"? 

0 Kudos
vcavallo
Explorer

I#m referring to "Capsule Workspace", not "Capsule Connect".

0 Kudos
Turh
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Strange... There are no issues as far as we know regarding connectivity. Try to un-install CWS, reboot the device and install it again, might fix the issue.

0 Kudos
vcavallo
Explorer

Already tried this with no success. Now I have reset the iOS device to factory settings and just installed CWS. Still the same. I can create the site. but after entering login credentials I get prompted again for credentials but without credential fields (see picture in my original post). I can only press "Connect" and returns with "Connection failed. InternalError".

I still own an iPhone 4 with iOS 7. Tried on this one with strange behavior as well: Site creation ok. When I provide credentials and connect, I am prompted again to enter Password twice (see attached screenshot). After this CWS is working properly.

So I assume it's not the app or iOS causing this issue. But on Smart Console I couldn't find any corresponding log entry. Any idea where to search or which search pattern or query to use?

Thanks.

Foto.PNG

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Considering practically every Check Point employee uses Capsule Workspace and many of them are on iOS, if this were a general issue, we would have certainly seen this at scale.

The first thing I would do would just make sure (using tcpdump) the traffic is reaching the gateway from the phone (to rule out basic connectivity issues).
May also have to debug the Mobile Access gateway and Capsule Workspace client to see what’s happening: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

Recommend getting the TAC involved.

0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

@vcavallo 
one of our customers did a migration to IOS14 today. Round about 300 devices/users are using now the latest IOS and capsule workspace without any problems.

Rollout of new users is too no problem.

Wolfgang

0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events