cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kuperman
Explorer
Jump to solution

translate Ip destination to hostname/fqdn in logs and monitor

hello everyone ! first . its nice to connect a great community like check point . 

i have a question for you :

in my OU we want to see which computers are show in the destination toolbar on logs&monitors .

sometimes we see hostname and the most of the time we only see's ip adress . 

so , its possible to configure / add Feature a translate ip adress to hostname/fqdn automatically ?  like nslookup but we want that presents to us in the logs .. 

and sorry for my broken english , im improving all the time with writing like that 🙂

thx for who's be helped . 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

All of this should happen automatically if DNS and/or Identity Awareness is configured correctly.
If it's not happening, and you are 100% sure that both are configured correctly, raise a case with the TAC.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Admin note: moved to a more appropriate space.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The system should do that automatically, assuming the management server needs to be configured to use the relevant DNS server.
If Identity Awareness is used, we can also leverage the information from user and machine logins from Active Directory.

Kuperman
Explorer

I realised . But will it give an answer? Or is the translation done automatically and sometimes the system does not have the option to translate all the addresses?  

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

All of this should happen automatically if DNS and/or Identity Awareness is configured correctly.
If it's not happening, and you are 100% sure that both are configured correctly, raise a case with the TAC.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I believe that option is on by default, to translate to fqdn.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events