Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luis_Miguel_Mig
Advisor

migrate import

Does migrate import override or merge the existent configuration in the manager?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Vincent_Bacher
Advisor
Advisor

override

and now to something completely different - CCVS, CCAS, CCTE, CCCS, CCSM elite
0 Kudos
Luis_Miguel_Mig
Advisor

So even if the new manager has  gateways, policy packages and objects in general with different names , right?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I believe the migration tools won’t even allow you to proceed unless the import is done on a freshly installed management server.
The tool is not meant to merge multiple management domains together.

0 Kudos
gunturhakim
Explorer

Hi Vincent

thanks for make it clear, so I don't make a mistake when I want to import,

bandungbest regards

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Glad you asked that question...so, the answer is override, BUT, here is something I observed in the past. Say you have bunch of stuff on your current mgmt and you use smart move tool to migrate stuff from Cisco over to CP mgmt server. Well, if you do that, you will NOT lose any existing config at all and it would import all the Cisco stuff there as well.

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Yes, because SmartMove is creating everything using our management APIs.
We have a similar Python script that will use the API to export/import rules and objects to/from a Check Point management domain, though it is limited by what the API supports.
In both cases, it results in adding rules/objects to the existing management server.

A migrate export/import is more of a low-level backup/restore of the management database. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events