cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
umar7
Contributor

downgrade smart 1-600s R81.10 to R80.40

hello support,

can i know about how to downgrade the appliance from R81.10 to R80.40 ,and which way can i downgrade(cpuse,blink,usb)?

which file i have to downlode for downgrade ? also if you provide steps it really appriciated.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

First question...any specific reason why you want to downgrade? Are you having some serious traffic/performance issues in R81.10? To answer your question though, I know customers who did this via cpuse, but mostly when you upgrade, which generates snapshot, which in such case would let you downgrade later without losing any existing config.

There are probably other ways, though I had not tried any of them. I am pretty sure it can be done using blick image, but not certain that preserves all the config though.

0 Kudos
umar7
Contributor

hello rock,

when we tried to restore the backup on r81.10 it shows an error . i plan to downgrade r80.40 and again restore all the files after upgrading r81.10 .

can you please share the link of which os image i have to downlode for this downgrade and kindly share is there any steps  i should follow for the downgrde.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Well, if you will do this from cpuse, then you will see all the images there, so its pretty self explanatory. However, if you will be downloading the image, you can follow below link to get the right one.

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doShowupgradewizard

0 Kudos
umar7
Contributor

thanks for the update .

kindly correct me if i wrong

here i want to make sure that the following link is for upgrade that means i can use this for  r80.40.t0 r81.10 

here i have expected the downgrade image for R80.40 and steps

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

There is no such thing as "downgrade image". R80.40 or whatever version, its same image, whether upgrade or downgrade. You can refer to below link, hope it helps.

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Security-Gateways/Downgrade-R81-to-R80-40/td-p/142683

0 Kudos
umar7
Contributor

hello rock ,

thanks for the update 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events