Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Axel_Winterberg
Participant
Jump to solution

Web Smartconsole error: "Unrecognized parameter [application]"

Hi Guys,

I have upgraded  the Management-Server from R81.10 to R81.20 T631 and have installed JHF T26.

Autoupdater version :BUNDLE_WEBCONSOLE_AUTOUPDATE Take: 90

I can access the Web Smartconsole Login via:  https://<IP Address of Management Server>/smartconsole

After typing Username and Password I get the error message:  "Unrecognized parameter [application]".

I have restarted the Web Console with $MDS_FWDIR/webconsole/mwc.sh restart

And also added <Any> to GUI Clients. Rebootet the server, but nothing helps to solve the issue.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ofir_Calif
Employee
Employee

Hi @Axel_Winterberg , @Arne_Boettger,
Web SmartConsole new version is about to be released and it will override these changes you made.

This issue will be solved in the upcoming Jumbos.

With that said, we added an option to configure it in Web SmartConsole in our upcoming release.
you can configure it now and will be used when we release our new version and it will be seamless for you.
so in addition to the changes you made, please add MGMT_URL=127.0.0.1 in $FWDIR/conf/mwc.env

Thanks,
Ofir.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi 

This is SR 6-0003762418? I'll forward it to relevant R&D owner to see if they can help

0 Kudos
Axel_Winterberg
Participant

Thank You!  🙂

0 Kudos
Arne_Boettger
Collaborator

Hello,

we have encountered the same issue and TAC does not seem to have a direct solution yet. Did you solve your problem, and if so, how?

thanks in advance,

Arne

0 Kudos
Arne_Boettger
Collaborator

I followed up on this issue after TAC recommended disabling IPv6 and rebooting. I found out that replacing "localhost" with "127.0.0.1" in $MDS_FWDIR/webconsole/mwc.sh and issuing a restart fixed the issue for us. 

As I don't know when this script might get overwritten I am waiting for a confirmation from TAC and R&D what they make of it. In case someone wants to follow up on this, the details are in SR#6-0003808666

(1)
Ofir_Calif
Employee
Employee

Hi @Arne_Boettger ,
A fix for the IPv6 environment issue will be released as part of jumobs releases.
WSC is using "localhost" which is resolving to the relevant local IP address (127.0.0.1 for IPv4 environments and ::1 for IPv6).

Changing the value manually to 127.0.0.1 is ok, but every WSC release will override it. (we have a new version that should be released soon)

Thanks,
Ofir.

0 Kudos
Axel_Winterberg
Participant

Hi Arne,

thank You for the workaround!  I have also edited $MDS_FWDIR/webconsole/mwc.sh and replaced "localhost" with

127.0.0.1. And ....  now it is working fine.  🙂

0 Kudos
Ofir_Calif
Employee
Employee

Hi @Axel_Winterberg , @Arne_Boettger,
Web SmartConsole new version is about to be released and it will override these changes you made.

This issue will be solved in the upcoming Jumbos.

With that said, we added an option to configure it in Web SmartConsole in our upcoming release.
you can configure it now and will be used when we release our new version and it will be seamless for you.
so in addition to the changes you made, please add MGMT_URL=127.0.0.1 in $FWDIR/conf/mwc.env

Thanks,
Ofir.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events