cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ben_Dunkley
Contributor
Jump to solution

Web Smartconsole - any way to disable?

Is there any way to disable web smartconsole on a management server?

As for reasons to do this... in some of our environments all management activity is done from a single dedicated jump box with Smartconsole installed, so the web smartconsole doesn't really serve any purpose for us, and we see the various processes consuming a not-insignificant proportion of system resources (on an admittedly somewhat resource constrained mgmt server, but that's a whole other subject...).

I'm guessing one can do something along the lines of "$MDS_FWDIR/webconsole/mwc.sh stop", but that's presumably not permanent.

(Long term I'm assuming the intent is to retire the windows Smartconsole client and only have the web one? Admittedly not a change I'm looking forward to, having used other fw vendor's web interfaces, they've always seemed somewhat frustrating/lacking - but I guess we'll see what happens - it might not end up being as bad as other vendors efforts).

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomerLev
Employee
Employee

Hi Ben

Web SmartConsole package must be enabled at the management server regardless if you use it or not. The reason is that it is utilized by SmartConsole, which uses the Web component for some of its own screens.

We monitor the resource consumption of Web SmartConsole upon updates and there is no outstanding consumption. If you see something that looks problematic don't hesitate to approach TAC.
Thanks
Tomer

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TomerLev
Employee
Employee

Hi Ben

Web SmartConsole package must be enabled at the management server regardless if you use it or not. The reason is that it is utilized by SmartConsole, which uses the Web component for some of its own screens.

We monitor the resource consumption of Web SmartConsole upon updates and there is no outstanding consumption. If you see something that looks problematic don't hesitate to approach TAC.
Thanks
Tomer

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Tomer is right, but command you gave would only work until server is restarted again.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events