Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NazgulNr5
Participant
Jump to solution

Unable to import migrate_server export R80.40

Hi there,

I have a lab setup and want to move the policy from one Management server to a new one. Both are OpenServer running Gaia R80.40.

First problem I get is that uploading the .tgz file to the new server is a real pain. SCP fails (slows down after a few seconds and then stalls completely) but FTP works at an acceptable speed.

After the transfer of the file the MD5 checksums don't match.

When I try to import the config anyway I get the error "Internal Error: export upgrade tools package might not be match with import upgrade tools package. Use the same package and try again
Detailed upgrade report is available at"

I repeated the whole process twice now with a complete new setup of both servers, same result.

Can anyone help with this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Timothy_Hall
Champion Champion
Champion

First problem I get is that uploading the .tgz file to the new server is a real pain. SCP fails (slows down after a few seconds and then stalls completely) but FTP works at an acceptable speed.

You need to disable the "Optimize Buffer Size" feature of WinSCP which is incompatible with the upgraded SSHD included with the Gaia 3.10 OS, see here: sk163940: SCP/SFTP file transfer is very slow after upgrade of SSH

If you are saying the MD5 sum of the file didn't match after FTPing it that means you did not set binary mode for your FTP transfer and as a result of using the default ASCII mode the config file is now corrupt, which is why the import is complaining.  Fix the buffer setting in WinSCP and use that to transfer the file as it defaults to binary mode by default.  Your import should work at that point.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com

View solution in original post

(1)
4 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

That error is odd given the fact both servers are same version. Can you please paste the commands you ran, I just want to make sure it is indeed right? I did this on many versions before and never had a problem.

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion Champion
Champion

You need to disable the "Optimize Buffer Size" feature of WinSCP which is incompatible with the upgraded SSHD included with the Gaia 3.10 OS, see here: sk163940: SCP/SFTP file transfer is very slow after upgrade of SSH

If you are saying the MD5 sum of the file didn't match after FTPing it that means you did not set binary mode for your FTP transfer and as a result of using the default ASCII mode the config file is now corrupt, which is why the import is complaining.  Fix the buffer setting in WinSCP and use that to transfer the file as it defaults to binary mode by default.  Your import should work at that point.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
(1)
NazgulNr5
Participant

Ah, yes, I always forget about the binary transfer.  😞 I'll try again.

I did disable the "Optimize Buffer Size" feature of WinSCP but it had no effect.

0 Kudos
NazgulNr5
Participant

Yes, it was just that. Retransferred the archive file and now everything worked fine.

Thank you so much!

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)