The issue with the update is expected to be resolved now. However, if you are still experiencing it, here is the workaround (mostly mentioned above already).
Firstly, the symptoms:
- APPI is no longer working with the following error messages:
[ERROR]: appi_app_db_get_app_log_data: failed getting application object from hash
- Issue occurs after URLF/APPI database update
Local revert procedure [NOTE: This is only relevant for R80.X GWs]:
- Download the following file: http://secureupdates.checkpoint.com/appi/v4_0_1/gw/appi_db.C.tmp
for example, by using the mentioned command:
curl_cli -O http://secureupdates.checkpoint.com/appi/v4_0_1/gw/appi_db.C.tmp
- Copy it on the GW to: $FWDIR/appi/update/
- Rename it to appi_db.C
- Load signatures with “fw load_sigs”
Some clarifications from developers:
- The workaround above won’t affect the online update. Once the unified URLF & APPI package is ready it will auto download as usual
- There is a chance that the workaround will be needed twice since the most common case GW check for updates every 2 hours while the Unified package takes up to 4.5 hours to be online.
- The best way to verify that you have fixed online package is to:
- Run “cat $FWDIR/appi/update/Version”
- You should see something like:
The workaround is needed until the package version (highlighted) shows 230419_6 / 240419_1 or higher
If after all the steps above the issue is not resolved, please open a TAC case at once.