cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott_McCormack
Explorer
Jump to solution

SmartConsole Send by Email function not showing Email Recipients

Using R80.10 SmartConsole I have successfully created and scheduled a specific report to send out to email recipients.  When I add the recipients the list is blank.  I add an email address 3 times as I thought it was not working.

I now receive the same email 3 times, however there is no email recipient listed to modify or edit.  Where can I see or edit this.

I ahve also tried SmartConsole

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

After I schedule a view/report it moves to the scheduled tab (see picture).

When I edit the scheduled operation from the schedule tab I do see the email recipients.

If you're scheduling each time a new operation you might have multiple operations in the scheduled tab.

If this is not the case and you do edit the schedule operations from the correct tab then I suggest opening a ticket for support.

A few things worth noticing:

1. Unless you shared the view/report, the operation would only show for that specific admin (operations in SmartView are per admin).

2. Operation can be done by multiple server (you can schedule on MGMT server or on SmartEvent server, depends to which you connected) and operations on one server wouldn't show on the other, operations are per server.

Kind regards, Amir Senn

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
In the screenshot you attached, you can add recipients by pressing the plus. Or are you saying that recipients you previously added aren’t showing?
0 Kudos
Scott_McCormack
Explorer
Correct, the recipients that I have added are not showing. How do you then edit/remove from the list?
0 Kudos
Carsten_R
Contributor

Hi,

Do you have meanwhile a solution? I experience the same issue in R81.

0 Kudos
John_Richards
Contributor

Has anyone come up with a solution for this? We have a customer with R81.10 with the same issue

0 Kudos
Ido_Shoshana
Employee
Employee

Hi Scott,

we tried to reproduce the issue in our labs with no success .

Can you please elaborate on the scenario step by step?

thanks,

Ido.

0 Kudos
John_Richards
Contributor

So we go to Logs and Monitor, then to reports. They then go to the report they want to have emailed to them. They go to Send by email screen and enter in the email recipients. The report is emailed to them, this works. But when you go into Send by email no user show up (see screenshot). If you enter the same user they get 2 copies of the report. They enter another user, they get the report, but no users show up in the Email recipients box. How do they know who gets the report, or how do they delete a user who is no longer there?

0 Kudos
Ido_Shoshana
Employee
Employee

thanks John...

Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce the issue.

Can you specify and write the SmartConsole version/build you are using?

0 Kudos
John_Richards
Contributor

We are using R81.10.9600.410. There were others in this thread having the same issue but no solution. Just curious if they were able to resolve?

0 Kudos
Ido_Shoshana
Employee
Employee

The server version is R81.10 GA? any JHF is installed on top of it?

Can you verify and double-check if the server and Smartconsole versions are aligned?

0 Kudos
John_Richards
Contributor

The SMS is on take 78

0 Kudos
Ido_Shoshana
Employee
Employee

And the management console?

0 Kudos
John_Richards
Contributor

The Smartconsole version is R81.10.9600.410 and the SMS has take 78 installed

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Out of interest is your display scaling set at a value other than 100% when you observe this issue?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

I want to understand the issue, you go to a report, configure email recipients, send the report, it send it by email and then when you go to the report again and want to do the same operation you need to re-enter the recipients?

If this is indeed the scenario this is not supported. Each export operation is individual and won't save any recipients as this could send sensitive data to people it might not need to send to.

If you do want to try and save address list, I recommend creating a scheduled report and fill recurrence to something very far and keep editing it every time you want a report instead of filling the recipients again. Be mindful to update the list so the scenario of sensitive data leaking won't happen to you.

Please let me know if this was helpful.

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos
John_Richards
Contributor

Thanks for the response. So here is the exact scenario. The user adds a recipient to email a report, say weekly. That works with no issue. When the user goes into the same report to either add or remove a user they do not see "any"recipients. If they add the same user again they get now two copies of the same report. You cannot see who the email recipients are and if you wanted to remove someone how do you do that if you can't see the recipient you added? I did attach a screenshot of what you see when you go into the report. It seems others had this issue but there was no solution. May have to open a case.

0 Kudos
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

I'm sorry, can you clarify if this is a scheduled assignment that appears in the schedule tab?

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos
John_Richards
Contributor

We are going Logs and Monitor > choosing a report (can be any of the) and then going to Actions > Schedule PDF > Send by Email and the email recipients box is empty. I can add a recipient they get the report. If I go back in I do not see the user I added as per the screenshot. If I add that same user again they now get two copies of the same report but I still no recipients. I cannot delete the user either as I cannot see them. We have played with resolution but still do not see the recipients.

0 Kudos
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

After I schedule a view/report it moves to the scheduled tab (see picture).

When I edit the scheduled operation from the schedule tab I do see the email recipients.

If you're scheduling each time a new operation you might have multiple operations in the scheduled tab.

If this is not the case and you do edit the schedule operations from the correct tab then I suggest opening a ticket for support.

A few things worth noticing:

1. Unless you shared the view/report, the operation would only show for that specific admin (operations in SmartView are per admin).

2. Operation can be done by multiple server (you can schedule on MGMT server or on SmartEvent server, depends to which you connected) and operations on one server wouldn't show on the other, operations are per server.

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos
John_Richards
Contributor

Thanks so much for the solution! There were multiple scheduled reports and we could see the recipients.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events