cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew-OCD
Contributor

SmartConsole R81.10 has stopped working error

Dear Check Mates,

Since upgrading to R81.10 with SmartConsole releases above 400 we have been experiencing regular problems starting the SmartConsole and receive the windows error shown in the screenshot.

I decided to raise this post as I couldn't find anything in the SK repository or on Check Mates.

The problem is that this can't be consistently replicated it is an intermittent problem.

I am sure this problem is more related to the underlying Windows environment rather than the Management Server as this problem happens no matter which Management server we connect to there is no rhyme nor reason to when it happens.

Immediately after the failure if I try again sometimes it will work perfectly and sometimes I have to restart multiple times.

Any suggestions on how to gather more data for diagnosing the root cause of the problem would be appreciated.

Does anybody else have this same problem?

Thanks for your support

Andrew

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Andrew-OCD
Contributor

Some additional background info on the underlying Windows environment.

Windows Server 2016 Datacenter

32 GB RAM

64-bit OS

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Please open a TAC case: https://help.checkpoint.com

0 Kudos
Andrew-OCD
Contributor

Service Request opened.  Will provide updates here if there any useful info to share with others.

0 Kudos
Support_Team_Pi
Participant
Participant

Did any solution come up from the TAC?

I have the same issue. SmartConsole silently (!) stopping. No crashes. Sometimes need to try 3 or 4 times creating a connection to the SMS. Usually the 3rd or 4th time it says I'm already logged in (take over this session). Very annoying.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Does it happen on a different PC? Reboot helps or not?

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Normally if you encounter such disconnections that are not related to a specific action or object, it could just be a networking issue where there is a problem with stable connectivity between SmartConsole and the Security Management Server.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Do you get an crash reports generated (sk97988)?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
the_rock
Legend
Legend

When you say issue happens no matter which management server you connect to, are we talking MDS here (aka Provider-1)? Either way, did you try debug option in smart console from manage & settings tab?

Andy

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Couple of suggestions to narrow the cause of the issue:

1) Try running SmartConsole from another PC (Desktop) 

2) Try working with a Portable SmartConsole from the original PC (Desktop) to see if it still happens:

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Good suggestions @Tal_Paz-Fridman 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events