cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tommy_Forrest
Advisor
Jump to solution

Reserved Words

Another upgrade (R81->R81.20) another reserved word found.

After attempting an upgrade in the lab, I log in and get a validation error that the word "domains" is now a reserved word.

We have an IOC import with the name domains in it and it was getting flagged.

Thankfully, it is an easy fix, just add -name to the name of it and that fixes it.

That said, could an SK get built that lists reserved words?  And could that SK get updated prior to a new Gaia release with newly reserved words?  According to my TAC person, no such SK seems to exist.

Pretty please?

Also, what's with reserved words?  Why are they a thing?  And why do they have to impact my daily operations?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor
7 Replies
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor
Tommy_Forrest
Advisor

Perfect, thank you.

It would be helpful to know which reserved words are impacted by which Gaia version.

For example, the word domains is listed in the SK as reserved.  But in R81, that word isn't a problem.  It seems to be in 81.20.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Honestly, I think those reserved words have not changed since R55 lol

0 Kudos
Tommy_Forrest
Advisor

Perhaps.  But it wasn't an issue in R81.  And it is in 81.20.

I think my biggest annoyance is that they're even a thing in the first place.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I hear ya, true. I recall encountering this once with Cisco ageas ago, but never again after, either with PAN, Cisco or Fortigate.

0 Kudos
Tommy_Forrest
Advisor

Yep, I wasn't going to name names or anything.  But this isn't an issue on other products.

Also, I just noticed this blurb in the SK:

"Important: The list of words is partial. It is dynamic and no one ever presumed to populate it so it will include all cases."

How about a full list?  How hard is that?  Honestly.

(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Mate, its never shame telling the truth, all good : - ). Btw, I see your point...as people say, I dont disagree with you, meaning, I AGREE haha

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events