cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Si_Dunford
Explorer

Rename management host object but not hostname

Hi,

I need to rename the Management server object in SmartConsole, but I do not need to change the hostname. All of the documents I found in searches assume that you need to do both.

Currently the hostname is "Smartcenter" and the SmartDashboard object is called "FW_MGR"; I need to rename it to "Smartcenter".

Step one in article sk42071 says that it can be done without changes to SIC:

Change the name of the Management Server object to the desired setting in SmartDashboard. (Unlike Security Gateways, this can be done without making any changes to SIC).

But this same article then says that you need to follow steps 1 to 4 which include removing gateways from the VPN and changing the hostname which I dont need to do:

Step 1 and Step 4 are the only steps that are required to change the hostname of a Security Management Server.

I have recently upgraded from R80.10 to R80.40 and this is the final step I need to complete the job. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The hostname in Gaia OS and the object name in SmartConsole should be the same.
There can be some unexpected behavior if the names different.
FYI, the R80.x procedure is: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut... 

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Management object name is used in the root certificate. If you change it, you will have to re-do all SIC in your system, after resetting MGMT root CA. 

seanmc12
Contributor

I'm a little bit in the same boat, but, someone named the log server R80_20. I would like to rename it to something more generic. Would there be any issues in changing the name of the log server. What else would I need to do?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)