Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johannes_Schoen
Collaborator
Jump to solution

Redirect Gaia Access to Captive Portal

Hi Community,

I got a test enviromnent and want to achieve, that all requests for the gaia portal are getting redirected to captive portal.

Only authenticated users should be able to access gaia.

I changed the gaia portal port to 4434 to avoid collisions with the remote access portal.
These steps were already made:

- enable captive portal in identity awareness

- test the portal (works fine)

- create a security policy which allows only access from one LDAP group as an access object to the gaia ip with destination port tcp-4434. Action is allow with "redirect to captive portal" enabled.

If I access the gaia-interface from with a machine without having any user identified, this policy doesn't seem to work.
As if the policy wouldn't match.

Does anybody got an idea what I'm missing?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It worked on IPSO because IPSO does not have Multiportal Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

There is a kernel process called Multiportal that redirects traffic to the various portals in the system (Gaia, Mobile Access, Captive Portal).

What you're trying to do, in essence, is chain them together (go to Captive portal, then Gaia portal).

Pretty sure this isn't supported.

0 Kudos
Johannes_Schoen
Collaborator

I've seen it at a customer site with an older checkpoint environment using voyager.

That worked, the first access to the voyager web interface was redirected to captive portal and after authentication succeeded, a direct access to the voyager guis was permitted.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It worked on IPSO because IPSO does not have Multiportal Smiley Happy

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events