cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex_Lewis
Contributor
Jump to solution

Recommended Jumbo shows older Take

I just upgraded my R81 management and gateways from Take 44 to Take 58. Before updating, the Recommended Jumbo column in SmartConsole showed Take 58. After updating to Take 58, it now shows Take 44 as the Recommended Jumbo. It doesn't seem to matter if the update was done from Gaia WebUI or from SmartConsole. I did upgrade my SmartConsole to 81.0.9500.559 before upgrading management and gateways. Is anyone else seeing this issue? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Yifat_Chen
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi @Alex_Lewis 

Issue was fixed. You should not see take 44 as latest-recommended any more. 

When we released take 58 as recommended  we didn't remove the recommended indication from take 44 by mistake.

Apologize for the inconvenience!

Anyway - No need to wait for the next Jumbo. Our latest and greatest recommended take is Take 58. 

Thanks you all for your comments! 

Yifat Chen, 

R81 JHF Release Manager

View solution in original post

17 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I deleted my R81 lab recently, but never seen that issue...weird. I may create another one just to see if it happens.

Andy

0 Kudos
nicolasr
Employee
Employee

Hi Alex,

can you tell me please, Take 44 was installed from CPUSE? i mean, you added it from "add hotfix from cloud" button, or was installed via clish?

0 Kudos
Alex_Lewis
Contributor

For Take 44, some systems were installed with CPUSE and some were installed Package Repository in SmartConsole. No current or previous updates were done via clish.

0 Kudos
Ruan_Kotze
Advisor

I see it on a couple of our client R81 sites, as well as our own MDS.  Only since installing T58, mind you.  I'm holding out till the next Jumbo comes out, holding thumbs that it will fix itself once a new recommended release is out.

Yifat_Chen
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

@Ruan_Kotze   as mentioned above , no need to wait for the next Jumbo. Issue was fixed. Thanks. 

Yifat_Chen
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi @Alex_Lewis 

Issue was fixed. You should not see take 44 as latest-recommended any more. 

When we released take 58 as recommended  we didn't remove the recommended indication from take 44 by mistake.

Apologize for the inconvenience!

Anyway - No need to wait for the next Jumbo. Our latest and greatest recommended take is Take 58. 

Thanks you all for your comments! 

Yifat Chen, 

R81 JHF Release Manager

Alex_Lewis
Contributor

Thanks for the prompt attention!!

0 Kudos
Greg_Harbers
Collaborator

Can you confirm this really is fixed?

Last night we installed JHF T68 on our R81 Mgmt server, but in smartconsole it is saying recommended version is T65.

At one of our customers who are on R80.40, we have VSX gateways that are running T158 saying the recommended jumbo is T139, and on CloudGuard IAAS gateways, one cluster saying T158 is recommended and the other saying T139 is recommended.

Finally at another customer, which has R81 Mgmt, and a mixture of R81, R80.40 and SMB gateways, all of the R81 devices are correctly reporting recommended take of T65, the R80.40 devices are reporting a mixture of recommendations, some T158, others T139 and for the SMB devices several devices that are not running the latest release (R80_20_40_992002665.img) do not report a recommendation whereas others do.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Boaz_Orshav
Employee
Employee

Hi

In order to solve the issue it's very important to understand if the issue is on the gateway side or the management.

Can you clarify if the problem is that the Smart Console is recommending "wrong" take while the Gateway CPUSE shows the correct take or the issue starts with the gateway show the wrong take and the Smart console simply reflects it?

0 Kudos
Greg_Harbers
Collaborator

Hi Boaz,

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure I understand your question. By gateway CPUSE, do you mean the output of "show installer packages available-for-download" or some other command.

Thanks

Greg

0 Kudos
Greg_Harbers
Collaborator

Hi Boaz,

Any update/thoughts on this? we are still seeing this problem.

As an example, R81 Mgmt, running T77. Have two R81 gateways, both have been patched with T77, but one says up to date, the other says recommended jumbo T69.

Smartconsole version is  81.0.9500.563

Thanks

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just a thought...have you tested from another PC or reinstall smart console?

0 Kudos
Greg_Harbers
Collaborator

I have tried from another device, same result. the device I tried from I had never run smartconsole on it before, so I dont think it is something cached on there

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I had only seen this issue once before and it was fixed by rebooting the management server. However, if you tried that already, I got nothing else for ya, sorry. I would suggest TAC case at that point.

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

@Greg_Harbers , can you confirm the versions of SmartConsoles for each of the described cases?

@Boaz_Orshav , I think Greg Harbers was referring to the Recommended JHFA as listed in SmartConsole(s) only for a variety of different environments.

0 Kudos
Greg_Harbers
Collaborator

Hi Vladimir,

For the R81 Mgmt environments, Smartconsole version is 81.0.9500.560. For the customers with R80.40 Mgmt, it is Smartconsole  994000431.

0 Kudos
Boaz_Orshav
Employee
Employee

Hi Greg

Can you please contact me on boazo@checkpoint.com ?
  The issue is probably on GW side not reporting correctly to the Management machine and I'd like to ask you to sun some tests on the problematic GW

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events