cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RS_Daniel
Advisor

R81.20 advanced upgrade failed

Hi ChackMates,

Here again looking for some help with a new problem. I am trying to upgrade a management server (open server / vmware) from R81.10 Jumbo 94 to R81.20 jumbo 24 with Advanced Upgrade method.

When i try to import the database on target machine I am getting this error on "Importing server configuration" step:

Importing the Management Database
Operation started at Thu Aug 17 12:44:11 -04 2023

Failed to import

Operation finished at Thu Aug 17 12:48:16 -04 2023

Looking on log files i found this error during the import:

2023-08-17 13:31:49,997 ERROR com.checkpoint.management.web_api_is.exceptions.WebApiInternalException.logErrorMessageWithIncidentId:33 [qtp-1810193947-94] - [ERROR] Incident [a2ebac71-0d99-4a54-bdbd-a40d5e217920]: Failed to read UpgradeM
achineStateData.data: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/admin/temp-export/./extra_data/UpgradeMachineStateData.data (No such file or directory)

Upgrade tools have the same version on both servers source and destination (997000697). This is a lab enviroment so no possible to open a TAC case, Did not find a possible solution yet so if you have any clue/advice it will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards

0 Kudos
8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You should be able to open a TAC case even for a lab environment assuming you have a valid support agreement.
I assume we’ll need to see more information to understand what is going on here.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I recall working with client recently who had exact same issue and there was a flag we had to run in order to get around it. Let me see if I can find it.

Andy

0 Kudos
Marcus79
Explorer

What was the flag ?!

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Something with ignore warnings, will find it.

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Never mind, ignore my last response, I was thinking of below, but thats not what you were doing.

Andy

[Expert@prd9cpmgmt01:0]# $MDS_FWDIR/scripts/migrate_server export -skip_upgrade_tools_check --ignore_warnings -v R81.20 /var/log/Export_for_Upgrade_from_R81_to_R8120.tgz

I would say what @Zolo suggested makes sense, installing latest jumbo may help.

0 Kudos
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

Looks different from the one I had.

But there are known issues in regard to imports on R81.20 The hotfix I got seems slated for the next Jumbo Hotfix.

But I would definitly open a TAC case. We had this in our lab in preperation for the real upgrade.

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos
Zolo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello RS_Daniel,

I have the same problem.

Did you find the solution?

0 Kudos
Zolo
Contributor
Contributor

I had to upgrade to latest Jumbo and it worked.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events