Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JustinLow
Contributor

R81.20 Pre Upgrade Verifier Failed for primary management server

I trying to do an in-place upgrade to R81.20 with CPUSE package for a pair of management server (running in HA). And I run the the "Verify Update" inside the primary unit of management server Gaia Web, however I get an error message after the verification. The error message is as below,

R81.20 Gaia Fresh Install and upgrade

Clean Install:
Installation is allowed.
Upgrade:
The following results are not compatible with the package:

- Verification failed:
1. Upgrade operation is not supported when a domain has more than one active domain server.
Select one active domain server for each domain and set the rest to standby.
Relevant Domains : SMC User

Notes:
1. It is recommended to use the latest upgrade tools package. The latest package is installed automatically on online environments, for upgrade of offline environments refer to sk135172.
2. Only latest revision will be upgraded. It is recommended to publish important changes before upgrade. Unpublished changes will be lost.
3. Run the upgrade verification on all servers in your environment before you upgrade.

But when I verify the primary unit with the R81.10 CPUSE package, it's show allow to clean install and upgrade.

R81.10 Gaia Fresh Install and upgrade

Clean Install:
Installation is allowed.
Upgrade:
Upgrade is allowed.

The upgrade tool of R81.20 is using the latest version which is 997000670, management server is Gaia R80.40

Could anyone advice on this? Thank you

0 Kudos
12 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I think remote with TAC would be your best option. I will give my 2 cents, just based on what you described, sounds like you have latest upgrade package, but then again, if your cpuse engine is set to update automatically, then that should be good enough.

Andy

0 Kudos
JustinLow
Contributor

Hi the_rock,

Yes, my CPUSE is the latest version. The management server is connected to Internet and get the updates automatically, I couldn't found any related sk regarding this error message, I also think open case with TAC is the way for further investigation currently

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Would you mind send a screenshot of what you get?

Andy

0 Kudos
JustinLow
Contributor

Attached the screenshot

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I logically believe at this point that issue is with item 1 in the screenshot. I have not dealt with mgmt HA in quite some time, so dont want to BS you and tell you something that wont make much sense, as you certainly appear to have latest upgrade package, plus whatever is listed in that sk, you dont need it, specially given the fact cpuse is updated. You could try R81.20 tgz package, but I would be shocked if that does anything.

I would honestly contact TAC and see what they say Please let us know how it goes.

Andy

0 Kudos
ryancarter
Explorer

Did you ever get a solution for this issue? I'm seeing a similar problem with the upgrade but it's not an MDS server.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thanks for checking on this @ryancarter 

@JustinLow what was the solution mate? Or is it still ongoing?

Andy

0 Kudos
JustinLow
Contributor

the_rock,

This issue will trigger only in Management server HA deployment (after did failover from active to standby or vice versa). When I run pre-upgrade verifier on the management server normal unit (non-HA), all is verified successfully for R81.20 CPUSE package.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ah, I see, okay.

0 Kudos
JustinLow
Contributor

Hi Ryan,

There is no solution for this issue currently. However I tried another way which run pre-upgrade verifier with another version R81.10 and it is verified successfully. Perhaps you can try that first. Ultimately, you can open TAC case if you really want to upgrade to R81.20 

0 Kudos
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

I tried with the R81.20 T24 Blink image on Smart-1 HA primary appliance and no pre-verifier issues, they are already in R81.10 though.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Correct, they should be included in R81.10

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events