Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matlu
Advisor

Problems with Licenses in MDS environment.

Hello, team.

I have a question. I hope you can help me.

I have an MDS box. Inside this box, I have 3 CMA.
The 3 CMA, have the same object attached to them that refers to a "SMARTEVENT".

For example:

CMA1 with IP 10.49.2.217
CMA2 with IP 10.49.2.218
CMA3 with IP 10.49.2.216

When you enter each CMA through the SmartConsole, in each of the CMAs you find the same SMARTEVENT object with IP 10.48.2.212.

The problem we currently have is that this object (SMARTEVENT) has no current LICENSE, and we want to give it a "DEMO" LICENSE.

Can someone guide me, and tell me from where to load the license?
Is it necessary to generate a local license for each CMA?
From which of the 3 CMA created, this DEMO LICENSE should be loaded, in order to have the equipment "Licensed"?

Thanks for your comments.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

In an MDM environment SmartEvent is a separate machine and you apply it's license there (10.48.2.212).

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Matlu
Advisor

Hello, Chris.

What I can understand from your comment, is that the SMARTEVENT object, which I currently have, behaves as a "STANDALONE"?

I am trying to interpret your comment correctly.
Sorry if I am not succeeding.

Thanks for your attention.

0 Kudos
Matlu
Advisor

I have noticed that nowadays, when you want to generate a DEMO LICENSE of the "LOCAL" type on the Checkpoint page, this option opens the "option" for you to enter a "MANAGEMENT IP".

I think they did it with the intention of "facilitating" the work, for those who have a DISTRIBUTED environment.

In my case, I have a MDM environment (I believe that it is the correct term, when I have several CMA), and each one of these CMA, the same SMARTEVENT object appears, and I only pretend to put a DEMO LICENSE.

Greetings.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

One license applied directly to the SmartEvent based on its own IP address should do the trick.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Does the SmartEvent have any other license type currently applied to it as Evals & NGSM licenses can conflict depending on which you have / used.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Matlu
Advisor

I apply the command "cplic print" in the SMARTEVENT OBJECT, and I do not get any result. I assume that it has no LICENSE loaded, according to my little experience. I share an image.

CPLIPRINT.jpg

Based on what I just said, is it advisable to generate a DEMO LICENSE, with the SMARTEVENT IP (working it as if it were a Standalone computer), and apply this LICENSE created by SSH?

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Correct, that should work.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Matlu
Advisor

Apply your recommendation.

I generated the license in a "Standalone" mode, applied this LICENSE by SSH to my SMARTEVENT, and indeed, a LICENSE is already displayed, from the perspective of any CMA. 😎

My last observation is that, when I open the SmartUpdate from the SmartConsole of the CMA where I am standing (For example the CMA1), the Object "SMARTEVENT" is still displayed as if it had no "linked" LICENSE, this is an additional behavior? I share an image of what I am commenting ...

OBGLO1.jpgOBGLO2.jpg

It is worth mentioning, that I have checked, and the SMARTEVENT OBJECT, has been created as a GLOBAL OBJECT from the MDS environment.

Thanks for all the help.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events