Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oneyor_Atie
Explorer

Policy installation in SmartDashboard fails with: Reason: TCP connectivity failure ( port = 18191 )( IP = X.X.X.X )[ error no. 10 ] Policy installation canceled.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I tried to install my first policy on a virtual firewall and got this error message. "TCP connectivity failure ( port = 18191 )( IP = X.X.X.X )[ error no. 10 ] Policy installation canceled."

Please assist with what I could do.

Kind regards,

14 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What version of code are we talking about?

This SK looks like the most relevant: Policy installation fails with "TCP connectivity failure ( port = 18191 )" error due to crash of CPD... 

0 Kudos
Oneyor_Atie
Explorer

I upgraded the code and it was fixed, thanks so much everyone.

0 Kudos
Houssameddine_1
Collaborator

You might need to debug cpd on the gw and fwm on the mgmt server in addition to that run traffic captures to see waht is happening to the traffic on port 18191 and make sure the firewall not dropping the traffic from it's mgmt server.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Matthew_Do
Contributor

The real solution in my case to this problem was: re-initialized, re-created SIC and re-established communication the 2nd time. Problem went away. No upgrade, no patch, no hotfix was required!

The same policy installation was successful.

The line below was in-accurate when policy installation failed. 

Br-FW2> fw ctl zdebug drop

::::::::::::::............
;[cpu_0];[fw4_1];fw_log_drop_ex: Packet proto=6 10.0.0.113:44749 -> 10.0.0.112:18191 dropped by fw_send_log_drop Reason: Rule base drop - on layer "FW2-Rule1 Network" rule 4

------------------

However, what said about SIC at SmartDashboard was correct.

Also, SIC message below at the FW was helpful.

_Val_
Admin
Admin

Glad it is working for you now. As mentioned already, SIC seemed to be reset on GW side

0 Kudos
Matthew_Do
Contributor

A picture for future reference. I'm having the same issue on the 2nd FW (at the remote office but is managed by the Mgr from local office behind another CP GWY). I don't understand how code upgrade had fix the problem because both local and remote GWYs are installed using the same iso (version). 

Matthew_Do
Contributor

Now, with more details, can the expert tell me what is missing? Two GWYs running the same SW version but only remote FW2 fails policy installation.

Here's the local GWY (HQ-FW1 - 172.16.0.111 is internal mgmt interface)

HQ-FW1 has 10.0.0.111 at its external interface

HQ-Mgr is 172.16.0.25 which has static NAT to 10.0.0.113 installed on HQ-FW1 (HQ-Mgr is internal of HQ-FW1)

Br-FW2 has 10.0.0.112 at its external interface

I'm using HQ-Mgr to manage both HQ-FW1 and Br-FW2

below is the remote GWY that fails policy installation. (10.0.0.112 is external mgmt interface for Br-FW2)

Two GWYs running the same SW version but only FW2 fails policy installation with reason "TCP connectivity failure ( port = 18191 )( IP = X.X.X.X )[ error no. 10 ]

.... and ...

;[cpu_0];[fw4_1];fw_log_drop_ex: Packet proto=6 10.0.0.113:44749 -> 10.0.0.112:18191 dropped by fw_send_log_drop Reason: Ru lebase drop - on layer "FW2-Rule1 Network" rule 4;

----------

HQ-FW1 is 10.0.0.111

HQ-Mgr is 172.16.0.25 which has static NAT to 10.0.0.113 installed on HQ-FW1

Br-FW2 is 10.0.0.112

0 Kudos
Matthew_Do
Contributor

ok, I have some investigation to do but if someone knows, please share your knowledge...

I got this from the trouble FW (Br-FW2)

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Did you try to reset SIC for this GW? It seems it is already reset on the GW side.

0 Kudos
Matthew_Do
Contributor

Yes, SIC was re-set & re-initialized (trust was re-established between Mgr-GWY) once on this GWY before.

However, when policy installation fails I got this SIC error. Is it possible that SIC is broken by policy installation from Mgr?

I wonder if this will go in a cycle or loop. I'll try again soon.

The GWY appears to get the policy but the process is incomplete.

0 Kudos
Matthew_Do
Contributor

• SIC was re-initialized, re-created and trust was re-established the 2nd time. Problem went away. No upgrade, no patch, no hotfix was required!

The same policy installation was successful.

Notes: the rules have not changed.

Some how earlier policy installations broke the SIC between this GWY and Mgr.

So, can I conclude the line below was in-accurate?

;[cpu_0];[fw4_1];fw_log_drop_ex: Packet proto=6 10.0.0.113:44749 -> 10.0.0.112:18191 dropped by fw_send_log_drop Reason: Rule base drop - on layer "FW2-Rule1 Network" rule 4

0 Kudos
Kul
Contributor

Hello Matthew,

How did you resolve this issue.??I am having the same issue ,my fw box is standalone,it acts as firewall and mgmt server under the same box.

your help would be highly appreciated 

0 Kudos
JG
Participant

Hey this can be anti-spoofing. I had the same issue the other day. Had to add the SC subnet to the anti-spoof group for my firewall.

0 Kudos
Falah
Explorer

You can resolve this Problem through this Video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtpBI6Qk2P0

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events