Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marko_Keca
Contributor
Jump to solution

Multi-Domain Log Server migration

Hello all,

What is the best way to migrate Multi-Domain Log server from one open server to other?

Customer wants to replace old MDLS running on open server with 13T of storage with new open server with 72T of storage.

I have already installed new open server, run FTW, gave the server same hostname as old one, installed hotfix.

Will export/import of Domain Log servers be correct way to migrate it or is there another way to do it?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
--
Marko

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It's possible a Gaia-level backup/restore will work, but don't know that for certain. 
Otherwise, it's as described: fresh install/configuration.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Migrate export/import won’t work for a log server, so you’ll have to treat it like a fresh install.
You can copy over the logs from the old server and you’ll have to kick off a log reindex.
https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Management/SmartLog-only-look-back-14-days-how-to-reindex-90-day...

0 Kudos
Marko_Keca
Contributor

Hi PhoneBoy,

Thanks for quick reply!

So basically if I want to keep old addresses, I have to delete old Multi-Domain Log from MDS and re-create new one from scratch?

I must admit it is very inconvenient way to do it.
So next time customer changes MDLS HW, I will have to do it all over again. 😞

Regards,
--
Marko

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It's possible a Gaia-level backup/restore will work, but don't know that for certain. 
Otherwise, it's as described: fresh install/configuration.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events