cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yair_Herling
Employee
Employee

Migrating from R77.30 to R80.10 Using Advanced Upgrade Procedure

This video demonstrates advanced upgrade of a real customer database from R77.30 to R80.10.

Our goal is to simplify the migration procedure and focus on the key steps to succeed in migrating your database from R77.30 to R80.10.

Please note that in order to prepare the environment for the advanced upgrade (e.g. target machine disk requirements..) it is recommended to follow the R80.10 installation and upgrade guide (link to the exact page is available below)

http://dl3.checkpoint.com/paid/26/26936abfdd6d57c130e6c0d51a624d15/CP_R80.10_Installation_and_Upgrad... 

Enjoy and as always, feel free to share your insights or suggestions for creating new technical marketing materials.

5 Replies
K_montalvo
Advisor

Hello,

Will this be the same procedure in migration from R80.40 a R81.10 ?

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

I believe so.  ie in-place upgrade or clean build and importing data (exported using the R81.10 migration tool)

I'm gong to be preping for a MDSM upgrade from R80.30 to R81.10 shortly and my intention is to do the following:

- Export data from the MDSM using the latest R81.10 migration tool

- Build a new MDSM with latest Jumbo, CPUse Agent and migration tool (LAB)

- Import the data into the MDSM, ensure there are no issue that can observed.

- Once happy, arrange a maintenance window, snapshot / export database of the MDSM and store offline.

- Ensure all the OS level config is noted (export the gaia config).

- Conduct a clean build of the MSDM using a USB.

- Install Latest CPUse Agent, Jumbo and migration tool (same used for export).

- Import the data

genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

I've completed the lab part for the Primary MDS, no major issues other then diskspace issue when I first attempted the import.  The process bombed out with some obscure message, rather then just saying it ran out of diskspace.

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi

Can you please share the message you received (instead of one for lack of diskspace)?

If you prefer you are welcome to email me directly at tfridman@checkpoint.com

Many thanks

Tal

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

I don't have that message anymore, but the message appeared during the importing of DMSs, roughly 60% through the process.  If I have time can try to replicate the issue as I know I allocated 100GB of disk in the VM, and split the drive roughly 30GB for the lv_current and the rest to logs and upgrade partitions.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events