cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verac
Participant
Jump to solution

Management Server SSH Access Denied

We deployed a cloud template with a management server and gateways. I've not done a setup from scratch before and am having issues getting proper ssh access to the management server so I can pull logs and run some debugging tools. I can get to expert via the cli in the gaia web portal but not via something like putty./

We are running R80.40 on latest hotfix

I used clish to reset the admin password and save config so I know I've got the correct admin password.

I've checked /etc/ssh/sshd_config and made sure password authentication is yes under the match 0.0.0.0 statement. I've made sure to restart the sshd service after changing it.

Whenever I try to login as admin, I get an access denied. I'm not sure which log is going to provide the best info, but I do see under /var/log/audit/audit.log that the admin account is ussing sshd with a "res=failed"

Any idea why I'm I'm getting access denied on ssh login?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Which cloud platform?

Some default to other auth mechanisms for the gateways atleast and require specific changes e.g. AWS refer sk109587.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1)
4 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Which cloud platform?

Some default to other auth mechanisms for the gateways atleast and require specific changes e.g. AWS refer sk109587.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
(1)
Verac
Participant

Running in AWS. I'm looking at that SK you provided now. Instead of modifying it to use password, I'll try to take a stab at setting up keypair auth real quick and see if that resolves the issue, Thanks!

0 Kudos
Verac
Participant

Ended up using that article to allow password auth, so that I could get in and setup keypair auth, then revert to only allowing keypair. Thanks!

LostBoY
Advisor

how did you get it to work with password auth .. i have been trying to enable it but it always gives me access denied 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events