Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
biskit
Advisor

Management Database Revert with Endpoint

I recently found out that (as per the Admin guide) it is not possible to do a database revision when the Management server also runs Endpoint server.

This caused me a big problem!

What have other people done in this situation?  The reasons for requiring the revert are complicated and not relevant.  It seems my only option was to import from the last "migrate export" backup.

Does anyone reading this at Check Point know if it is on the roadmap to support reverting when the SmartCenter also runs Endpoint server?

Is it documented anywhere that running Endpoint on the SmartCenter is a bad idea for this reason?  And maybe other reasons?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Let's start with the basics. Which admin guide you are referring to, and which version?

0 Kudos
biskit
Advisor

Ah, I meant to include that info!

It's R81.10.

One of the "Important" bullet points in this guide:  https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R81.10/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R81.10_SecurityManagement_AdminGuid...

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Great, so you are basically talking about this page, see highlighted items:

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 14.59.22.png

So first, the DB revision limitation is clearly documented. The second best option is to run regular backups and to revert to one of them if required. Second arrow.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events