Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pabu
Participant
Participant

MDS leaks information to other CMA’s

Hi all!

One of my customers run into a strange scenario using MDS (multi-domain server) with a VSX cluster. All running on R81.10 with jumbo GA take 78.

If we create a new VLAN interface in one of our virtual systems (without doing a policy install, changed on VS gateway object only), we see in the audit log this interface is created also within other CMAs.

In my view this should never be the case. It seems to be randomly determined in which CMA it is also created according audit log. It's not really created. We can reproduce this in our lab environment, added a screenshot. This screenshot is made in my lab environment where I added a fictional interface bond1.99. The global MDS audit log shows this interface is added in one more CMA’s! This is random behavior. We saw scenarios added to three other CMA’s!

Are we dealing with a bug…? Or is this by design…? What is the experience of the community?

Thanks a lot!

Regards, Paul

0 Kudos
4 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

The only case when it makes sense is if the logs appear on both MAIN and TARGET CMAs. MAIN is one managing the physical VSX object. TARGET is one with the actual VS. 

Please check if this is not the case and let us know.

0 Kudos
pabu
Participant
Participant

No this is not the case. In my example it shows up for two: TARGET CMAs.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Are those CMAs both have VSs defined on the same cluster? If yes, is there any automatic topology propagation set between those VSs?

If the answer is no, then please open a TAC case. 

0 Kudos
pabu
Participant
Participant

Thanks for your reply!

Yes the VS are part of the same cluster (we have just one cluster in this labenvironment):

- Topology Calculation (Calculate topology automatically based on routing informatoin) is enabled on the MAIN CMA, disabled on the TARGET CMA's

- On the interface: "Propagate route to adjacent VD" is disabled

Regards, Paul

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events