Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSingh_N
Contributor
Jump to solution

MDS High Availability

Hi All,

I deployed the MDS in HA few weeks back, 3 domains are created on each of the MDS. (Different domains on both of the MDS)

It was successful, but I have a doubt about the behavior of the MDS HA.

When I make either of the MDS down then domains are not failover as traffic is failover in gateways (clusterXL)

I mean when primary MDS is down then the domain (cma) created on primary MDS is not accessible.

My concern is like if domains could not be failover, then what is the login of HA, technically MDS are working as standalone.

What is logic of database sync?

Regards,

Jaspal Singh

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
emmap
Employee
Employee

Management HA is not the same as gateway HA. You must deploy a primary and secondary DMS for each domain, and in the event of the active server going down you must manually make the other one active to be able to make changes. 

Please have a look through the High Availability section of the MDM admin guide

View solution in original post

3 Replies
emmap
Employee
Employee

Management HA is not the same as gateway HA. You must deploy a primary and secondary DMS for each domain, and in the event of the active server going down you must manually make the other one active to be able to make changes. 

Please have a look through the High Availability section of the MDM admin guide

genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

Also important to ensure that the gateway is configured with a primary and secondary logging server, and fetch policy server.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

What @emmap said is exactly how it works.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events