Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Kavan
Advisor
Jump to solution

Log Server thinks it in standby mode

Happy Birthday.

I don't have HA on my manager, but I do have one main manager and one log server/smart event server.   After upgrading to R81.10 JHF55 from JHF45 I noticed I can't edit gui access on either cpconfig or web ui.  Both add and delete were grayed out.   It's possible this is a R81.10 bug since I'm not sure I ever tried to edit gui access in R81.10.  Or some how I've managed to set these managers up with HA with out actually being aware of it.

cpconfig reports

Server is in standby mode. Configure the GUI Clients on the active management server

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

Only active management will show you active, other server like log server or SmartEvent is always on standby/read only.

GUI clients are being set with the primary MGMT and the definitions are updated on the log server/SmartEvent after publishing.

Kind regards, Amir Senn

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1)
6 Replies
jacobog
Employee
Employee

Same here with an SmartEvent. Did you figure out how to fix it?

0 Kudos
Daniel_Kavan
Advisor

It's still showing it.

Server is in standby mode. Configure the GUI Clients on the active management server

0 Kudos
Douglas_Rich
Contributor

We're seeing the same thing, and no SK matching this text. 

Configuring GUI Clients...
==========================
GUI Clients are trusted hosts from which
Administrators are allowed to log on to this Security Management Server.
You have selected the following hosts to be GUI Clients:
Any

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee
0 Kudos
(1)
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

Only active management will show you active, other server like log server or SmartEvent is always on standby/read only.

GUI clients are being set with the primary MGMT and the definitions are updated on the log server/SmartEvent after publishing.

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos
(1)
Douglas_Rich
Contributor

Thank you Chris and Amir,
This is what I suspected. I'm not personally working on this one, but was asked for help. I found no documentation matching the scenario, I'd say an SK is needed so folks can quickly get the necessary information and move on.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events