Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BoWyatt
Participant

[Log Exporter] 0.0.0.0 in office_mode_ip in VPN Logs

Hello, I'm currently using logstash to process log exporter logs. I'm seeing that in my VPN logs (i'm logging the "Log In" and "Log Out" actions) the field office_mode_ip which contains the private IP given to the VPN user is "0.0.0.0", some other entries are correct with IPs like 192.168.X.X, but in other entries I have the "Log In" action with that value in the office_mode_ip field, viewing the SmartConsole logs I can see the correct private IP given to the user. I'm currently processing the logs in Semi-Unified, doing a little trick with Elasticsearch so if a field is change or is added, it's modified on the Elasticsearch document. Could this be issue? or Something else that I'm not seeing?

vvcap 2022-05-04-11-10-39.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Can say I ever seen that before. You are saying it only happens for some entries, I assume totally random?

0 Kudos
BoWyatt
Participant

Yep, maybe 1 or 2 every 10 or 20 entries, my clue is that since Semi Unified sends a flow of logs maybe Logstash it's processing the office_mode_ip with a field like 192.X.X.X before and after that the field with 0.0.0.0 is sended so the last field is updated with that value. Being more technical, why i'm receving logs with that IP? It's a normal behavior of Checkpoint?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Personally, I would say thats not normal at all. Unless you see CP logs with those values, then yes, but if not, there is no reason why you would see them in Logstash. I would try contact TAC to clarify on this.

0 Kudos
BoWyatt
Participant

Negative, seeing the log for "Log In"actions gives a real private IP address used on my domain, I wouldn't give much thought if there's no clear reason, i've already wrote a workaround on my logstash pipeline since I'm thinking in some moment I will receive the real private IP address. Thanks for your time

the_rock
Legend
Legend

sounds good!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events