cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matlu
Advisor

License in MDS.

Hello, everyone.

A doubt, I have an environment of an MDS that has created several CMA.
Currently the purchase of a new definitive license has been generated.

This license when it is "loaded" for the "MDS" itself, is replicated automatically for the "CMA"?
Or do you need to generate licenses for each CMA "Independently"?

Thanks for your comments.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What precise licenses were purchased/generated?
Generally licenses are installed at the MDS level, though I believe there are some exceptions.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Last time I worked on MDS, I never had to install any licences for CMAs at all, only MDS. Can you share a screenshot of whats there?

Andy

0 Kudos
Matlu
Advisor

Thank you for your response.

In my scenario, a Definitive License was purchased [Approx. for 6 months].
for an Appliance which is a SMS [Smart-1 3050].

I also believe, that the license applies only at the box level, and you can work the MDS environment without problems.

I just have the doubt, if it should also be applied at the level of the CMA that I decide to create, or this is not necessary?

Greetings.

0 Kudos
S_E_
Advisor

Jm2c

From my point of view/experience. If MDS and gateways are managed by one responsible team, I would take central licensing.

And then check in the usercenter if you have something like that: 

CPAP-SM3050  and you might see build in blades as well : CPSB-*

In this case, you only need to attach licenses while creating NEW domain management server (DMS).

If your setup has existing DMS with production gateways, I would contact professional service / account services and check the license type of the gateways beforehand.

And of course, "cplic / vsec_lic_cli" commands instead of SmartConsole/SmartUpdate

Regards

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events