cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LostBoY
Advisor
Jump to solution

License Modification on AWS CP Mgmt

I have a license registered for an AWS GW cluster which is currently in operation. Due to unavoidable design constraints i am forced to change the VPC in which these GWs+Mgmt Server is installed. However, in the portal my license is mapped with the mgmt ip but this is going to change soon.

How can i edit my license and map it with the new ip and is there any risk of any licensing issues if i am changing the IP? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

License operations of that nature would originate in Usercenter and yield a new license to be applied.

Depending on the exact scenario / license there are likely equivalent self-service evals available where needed that could help with the transition / testing. These can be locally or centrally licensed per requirements. 

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

License operations of that nature would originate in Usercenter and yield a new license to be applied.

Depending on the exact scenario / license there are likely equivalent self-service evals available where needed that could help with the transition / testing. These can be locally or centrally licensed per requirements. 

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I think your best bet is to verify this with Account services, to be 100% sure it would be correct license.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If you need to change your management IP (and thus the license), contact Account Services.
They can issue you a new license for the new IP.

LostBoY
Advisor

I have access to use center portal.. checked there and i can modify the IP of the license and redownload it.

I believe this should work in my case.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Yes, then do that...thats exactly what Account services would also advise if they guided you through it.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)