Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gabrielmouras
Explorer

Is it possible to visualize on Smart Console the size of the logs that each active blade generate?

Good Morning Everyone, 
I hope you are having a nice day. First of all, I am creating this post to solve a doubt that I have . I wanted to know if it is possible to see on the Smartconsole the size of the logs that each active blade is generating by day. Also, I want to let you know that I was able to see the daily amount that ALL the active blades are generating together , but one of my customers asked me how much gbs each of the blades logs were on the daily routine so he can choose between the options the ones that are the most important for his environment. 

Thank you so much for the attention.

3 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Admin note: moved to the appropriate space for further discussion.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

We don't track the size of an individual log entry, much less provide a mechanism to tell you how much "a given blade" generates in terms of logs.
It's also a bit more complicated in that not do the logs themselves take up space, but the indexes do as well.

In addition to space for the logs and indexes, you also have packet captures from IPS and emulated files from Threat Emulation.
If you're using App Control and URL Filtering with Extended logging, you'll get all the URLs accessed by the user (if HTTPS Inspection is enabled), which obviously will take more space.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

CPLogInvestigator is likely your best bet with getting some of these types of stats depending on your Management version.

For sample output please refer:

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Management/Looking-at-CPLogInvestigator-Daily-stats-do-not-match...

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Management/R80-xx-equivalent-of-CPLogInvestigator-for-Log-Volume...

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events