Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_rock
Legend
Legend
Jump to solution

Importing policy with CSV exported rules

Hey guys,

Just curious, any plans to impement an option where customers can import the CSV exported rules? Export has always been there, but I was hoping import would become available at some point, but nothing yet.

Not sure if that may change in R82 or not...

Best,

Andy

Below is what Im referring to.

Screenshot_2.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Noy
Employee
Employee

No plans at the moment to support importing through the csv file since it doesn't include enough information to fully add many types of rules.

Since the tool is open-source, not part of the product, then indeed it's not in TAC's domain to support. However, if API issues arise, those would be supported. Also, if there's a problem with the tool, you can make requests in the github repository and the R&D team tries to assist.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Think I've mentioned this to you before @Tomer_Noy.

0 Kudos
Tomer_Noy
Employee
Employee

The "export rulebase to csv" is mainly for offline visibility and search of the policy. In order to be concise and readable, it has just part of the policy information. Also, csv files are "flat" and do not hold well the hierarchical and object oriented nature of our policy.

If you need to export and import policies or rules, you can use the below tool:
https://github.com/CheckPointSW/ExportImportPolicyPackage

It is open source, but maintained by our R&D team. It uses our APIs to export and then insert the objects and rules, and takes into account multiple references to the same objects.

Please let me know if this answers your use-case.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey @Tomer_Noy ...thanks for that, appreciated. I was more wondering if there was simple way to use CSV file thats exported from one mgmt server and utilize it to import the same rules to another mgmt server, but I suppose thats not an option for now. Any idea if it may become possible at some point in the future?

Also, as far as tool you mentioned, I dont believe TAC would support it if any issues?

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
Tomer_Noy
Employee
Employee

No plans at the moment to support importing through the csv file since it doesn't include enough information to fully add many types of rules.

Since the tool is open-source, not part of the product, then indeed it's not in TAC's domain to support. However, if API issues arise, those would be supported. Also, if there's a problem with the tool, you can make requests in the github repository and the R&D team tries to assist.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

K, thank you, I think thats fair, as I know for a fact no other major fw vendor supports that (importing rules via csv file).

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events