Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bistro
Explorer
Jump to solution

I have a Dell Poweredge R650 and install from R81.10 ISO fails when it comes to configure Disk.

I have a Dell Poweredge R650 and install from R81.10 ISO fails when it comes to configuring the Disk. It has a PERC H755. So my  question is if it is possible to get a driver update for this for GAIA R81.10 and if this device is supported for R81.10

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

HCL questions start here: https://www.checkpoint.com/support-services/hcl/
That hardware combination is not on the list and is not officially supported on any version.

Having said that, R81.20 has a newer Linux kernel and drivers and may install on that hardware.
However, that does not change the formal support stance as TAC will only support Open Server hardware that is on the HCL.
To get hardware added to the HCL, please work with your Check Point SE.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

HCL questions start here: https://www.checkpoint.com/support-services/hcl/
That hardware combination is not on the list and is not officially supported on any version.

Having said that, R81.20 has a newer Linux kernel and drivers and may install on that hardware.
However, that does not change the formal support stance as TAC will only support Open Server hardware that is on the HCL.
To get hardware added to the HCL, please work with your Check Point SE.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Agree with phoneboy. You ALWAYS have to look at HCL, if device is not there, likelihood that TAC will assist you is non-existant. As he said, please work with your SE to find the best alternative.

0 Kudos
RamGuy239
Advisor
Advisor

As @PhoneBoy already mentioned, you might try the R81.20 ISO, as the new linux kernel in R81.20 contains additional drivers. It's the first ever release from Check Point that can install on (U)EFI (no longer required to enforce legacy BIOS boot), it can boot from USB 3.X flash drives, and it supports hard drive controllers such as PVSCSI (VMware Paravirtual) etc.

But your installation would be unsupported even if you can install R81.20. Keep that in mind. But I have never experienced Check Point TAC verifying whatever hard drive controller and driver the installation is running. So if you can install R81.20, you will most likely not run into issues with Check Point TAC due to it. But you might be unlucky and not get support.

Another option is to not run any RAID configuration on the PERC H755. When not enabling any RAID setup, most disks will end up being passed along without the need for any PERC H755 specific drivers. But then you won't have any kind of disk redundancy of course.

Certifications: CCSA, CCSE, CCSM, CCSM ELITE, CCTA, CCTE, CCVS, CCME
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events