cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CP-NDA
Collaborator

Failed to upgrade from SmartConsole

Hi,

I want to use the central upgrade for the first time in SmartConsole. The upgrade will be from R81.10 to R81.20 lates HFA

In SmartConsole when choosing a Gateway > Actions > Upgrade Version I have the following error

Failed to search for package Blink_image_1.1_Check_Point_R81.20_T631_JHF_T41_SecurityGateway.tgz on the Check Point Download Center. Reason: Unknown Error.

Pic.jpg

I then tried to import a package in the repository from cloud and get the following error

pic2.png

I've internet connectivity from the Management & SmartConsole: https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk83520

How can I troubleshoot the package download ? Is this download initiated by the Management ou the SmartConsole ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Boaz_Orshav
Employee
Employee

Hi

First of all "Unknown error" is never a good option so once we get the logs I'll try to find the best error that should be issued.

Secondly regarding your question - on your first attempt the Smart Console "asks" the Gateway to install the recommended package so the Gateway tries to download the package from the cloud and fails.

The second attempt was to download to the repository which is placed on the Management machine so the Management is initiating this action (and not the Smart Console)

To solve it I will appreciate if you can run (expert mode on Management machine) "collect_logs.bash" and send me the resulted tgz file to boazo@checkpoint.com

As a work around you can download the package from the SK and then upload it to the Package Repository locally

Thanks

Boaz

0 Kudos
CP-NDA
Collaborator

Thank you ! Sent via email 

Unfortunately it means that with this Workaround all GW will download the file from the Management. We would prefer from cloud for performance reason (65 GW to upgrade)

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I know there would be lots of people who will disagree with what I will say, but personally, I NEVER do any upgrades from smart console. I find its very unreliable (based on my lab tests) and doing it old school way from web GUI is what I always stick with and works totally fine.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
Robin_H
Contributor

Any updates on this? I have the same issue.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I recently used this method for jumbo update on R81.20 and was fine. Whats version you are upgrading from and to?

Andy

0 Kudos
Robin_H
Contributor

R81.10 Take 130 to R81.10 Take 139

screenshot.png

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events