cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor
Jump to solution

Exporting data from SmartConsole: How do I select columns?

In SmartConsole, the Export feature exists inside the Object Explorer, the Gateways view, and the security policies. How do I customize which columns do I want to export to the CSV file?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Export from SmartConsole works with the objects that you chose to see on your screen right now. In order to select the columns you wish to export, organize your object explorer columns before selecting Actions-->Export.

The purpose of Export from SmartConsole was designed to be with minimal input from the user. For advanced exporting features, the R80 API could be more suitable.

Note: you can also filter the results, and that filter will be applied to the exported file.

Note 2: The same behavior happens for:

- Gateways view

- Access Control rulebase

- Manage Layers view

- Threat Prevention rulebase

- Threat Prevention exception rulebase

- IPS Protections view

export-customization.png

We are open for feedback - which use cases today ask you for more detailed export files? Is there additional information about the objects that you wish to add to the exported files?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Export from SmartConsole works with the objects that you chose to see on your screen right now. In order to select the columns you wish to export, organize your object explorer columns before selecting Actions-->Export.

The purpose of Export from SmartConsole was designed to be with minimal input from the user. For advanced exporting features, the R80 API could be more suitable.

Note: you can also filter the results, and that filter will be applied to the exported file.

Note 2: The same behavior happens for:

- Gateways view

- Access Control rulebase

- Manage Layers view

- Threat Prevention rulebase

- Threat Prevention exception rulebase

- IPS Protections view

export-customization.png

We are open for feedback - which use cases today ask you for more detailed export files? Is there additional information about the objects that you wish to add to the exported files?

0 Kudos
Abhas_Vijayvarg
Participant

Hi! Tomer,

Since you asked if we would like to add additional information about the objects, I have a requirement of exporting user database in order to see some specific attributes of user object like it's expiration date, email id etc. However, in the column section it is not available and hence can not be exported. Is there anything we can do to achieve this.

We have recently upgraded the customer management server to R80.10 from R77.30. Until now customer used to use "fwm dbexport" tool to export the user database but after upgradation this command doesn't seem to work properly and is only returning a list of 50 users at any given time, the same behavior is observed in all 4 upgraded management servers of the same customer.

I could really use some inputs for any way to export the list.

None of the mgmt api seem to be for users (please correct me if I missed out on something).

dbedit's printxml users does export the list but I was hoping to find something more straight forward for ease of use for customer.

Thanks

Abhas

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

thank you for this feedback.

0 Kudos
Sven_Glock
Advisor

Hi Tomer,

today I used the export feature the first time. To be honest I was happily supprised the see that feature.

I tried to export a network group object and found a limitation.

As the group I wanted to export has several subgroups it would be great to have the possibility to export the group including all subgroups so that you can generate an export including all relevant ip addresses.

Regards

Sven

Kevin_Morris
Participant

This would be a great feature.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events