Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcwest
Participant
Jump to solution

Disable Automatic Log Search?

Hello,

After you have logged into Smart Console, if you select Logs & Monitor, an automatic 7 day search with no criteria begins. Since the log function appears to be extremely latent while on VPN, I'm looking to see if there is a way to disable the automatic search when you first click Logs & Monitor. This forces me to either deal with a 10 minute period of time where Smart Console is not responsive, or use Splunk for my logs which isn't ideal.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

You can't seem to directly disable it, but what you can do is change the default Log query to "Last Hour" and have it search for something nonsensical that cannot ever be matched so it doesn't populate the screen at all, like this:

defaultquery1.jpgdefaultquery2.jpg

When opening up a new Log tab this comes back very quickly with "No Matches Found".

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
What I did notice is that most of the times my previous filter is still in place when I reopen a Smartconsole and go to the log page.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

You can do that in the Smart Console. Define your default query and change the default time frame from 7 days to what you want.

query1.pngquery2.pngtime frame from 7 days to what you want.

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

You can't seem to directly disable it, but what you can do is change the default Log query to "Last Hour" and have it search for something nonsensical that cannot ever be matched so it doesn't populate the screen at all, like this:

defaultquery1.jpgdefaultquery2.jpg

When opening up a new Log tab this comes back very quickly with "No Matches Found".

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events