cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vladimir
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

DLP and Anti-SPAM and Email Security settings migration requirements.

This is something I have not done (either recently or at all), so just wanted to verify if the settings for the DLP and Anti-Spam and Email Security are preserved in the migrate_server export output and could simply be restored on a new unit.

The scenario is the total uplift of the existing EOL environment running R80.40 on Smart-1 210 and 2x1300s to the new 600S and 2x16200s.

If there are any gateway/cluster -side settings that must be independently saved/exported and subsequently imported on new units, please advise on procedure and proper sequence.

Thank you,

Vladimir

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Yes, DLP and Anti-Spam settings should be preserved in a migrate(_server) export. 
The only thing we don't expect to be captured via migrate(_server) are OS-specific settings and anything modified through expert mode (e.g. .def/.conf files).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Yes, DLP and Anti-Spam settings should be preserved in a migrate(_server) export. 
The only thing we don't expect to be captured via migrate(_server) are OS-specific settings and anything modified through expert mode (e.g. .def/.conf files).

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Thank you!

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I can confirm what phoneboy told you, as I had done it in the lab and it was all preserved, settings were exactly the same for DLP and Anti-spam/AV.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events