cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ihenock1011
Collaborator

Cyber Attack View log is not showing any data

Hi All,

We have Checkpoint 6000-L with r81.10, and we used to view the Threat Prevention and Cyber Attack View Gateway. However, for the last two weeks, it has not been showing any data. I think the issue starts after we upgrade the JHF and the current JHF is 109.

What could be causing this, and what would be the solution?

FYI screenshot is attached.

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

Hi @Ihenock1011 ,

Please answer the following to help identify the issue further:

a. Does it show data for other views?

b. Do you have a dedicated server for SmartEvent or is it integrated with management server?

c. How much storage space available on your SmartEvent server in the /var/log partition?

d. Do you have matching logs for the same filters in the same timeframe?

If this happened directly after upgrade/update I would recommend to see if install Database on SmartEvent server changes anything.

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos
Ihenock1011
Collaborator

a.Does it show data for other views?

Previously I didn't check all views doesn't show any data.

b. Do you have a dedicated server for SmartEvent or is it integrated with management server?

Yes, I have a dedicated virtual SmartEvent Server

c. How much storage space available on your SmartEvent server in the /var/log partition?

almost full 99% is used

d. Do you have matching logs for the same filters in the same timeframe?

before the upgrade it shows me the logs

0 Kudos
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

When dealing with upgrade you need to take to attention the following:

1) The upgrade package is uploaded to the same partition as the logs. If an env is already close to the limit and you import a package that uses few GBs of storage it might delete more logs than you think. It looks like your partition is full and it's possible that it causes constant emergency cleanup. Take a look at the cleanup thresholds and see if the server matches them. Check $FWDIR/log/ and see that you have log files and which one is the oldest.

Also check $RTDIR/log_indexes/ - un-indexed days won't appear in view and reports.

1.PNG

If this is the case then you can delete some old upgrade packages or JHFs, add more storage to your SmartEvent server and update your log retention policy.

2) Install DB on SmartEvent server. I like to say that Install DB is the equivalent of policy installation for management servers. After upgrades (and adding new GWs to env) log servers and SmartEvent servers needs Install DB.

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I would definitely follow what @Amir_Senn gave you. I took his advice few times for random mgmt issues, he is excellent when it comes to management/smart event stuff.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

How about smartlogstop;smartlogstart? And if not then look for any errors in $RTDIR/log/

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
Ihenock1011
Collaborator

Dear All Thanks for the help I opened a TAC Case and the Engineer resolves the case and here is his findings.

1. We found that SOLR was terminating repeatedly on the SmartEvent Server.
  2. We found core dumps stating that SOLR is low on memory.
  3. We increased the Heap size for the aforementioned process and rebooted the machine.

The Issue is resolved now.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Great job! Just curious, what was the process to increase heap size? Was there an sk followed?

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events