Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
K_montalvo
Advisor
Jump to solution

CP MIGRATE SERVER WITH UPGRADE TOOLS SITE TO SITE VPNS

Good afternoon experts,

I assume that executing a migrate from (1) SMS on R80.40 to a new VM running R81.10 following the sk135172 post migration would not be necessary to regenerate pre shared keys on the site to site VPN or client to Server VPN. Can you guys confirm if im correct on this i shall i do process post management server migration?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey brother,

Im pretty sure all the community settings and everything is transferred, but better get 100% confirmation from TAC. I once did move from one open server to another for a customer and we did migrate export, imported into his new mgmt server along with gateways and VPN tunnels simply worked fine, we did not have to do a single thing. The way I always recall is that PSK would only be removed if you remove gateway from the community, which does not get removed when you do migrate import (or migrate_server, depending on the version).

Andy

View solution in original post

3 Replies
K_montalvo
Advisor

Hello my friends,

I open up a TAC case but had not received a call from any engineer yet. (Just follow up 30 minutes ago). If someone can help confirming if preshared keys or certificates would have to be regenerated in case a Fresh Install and migrate_server import is done from and old MGMT migrate_server export file post migration?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey brother,

Im pretty sure all the community settings and everything is transferred, but better get 100% confirmation from TAC. I once did move from one open server to another for a customer and we did migrate export, imported into his new mgmt server along with gateways and VPN tunnels simply worked fine, we did not have to do a single thing. The way I always recall is that PSK would only be removed if you remove gateway from the community, which does not get removed when you do migrate import (or migrate_server, depending on the version).

Andy

K_montalvo
Advisor

Hey brother,

Perfect i reach out to the TAC again and they confirmed there's nothing to do post migration regarding the tunnels. I will execute soon and keep you posted of the results thanks!!!

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events