Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cosmos
Advisor

CMA console opens to gateway objects, cannot access Gateways and Servers tab

This has been a long standing problem with the R80.40 console opening a domain object from the MDS Gateways & Servers view.

When opening an object from this view, smart console will "launch a new instance and may take a few seconds, are you sure..."

Doing so will open the console against the domain/CMA and open the object for viewing / editing.

Only this happens every time I open the console now against that domain - the VS object gets opened and there's no way to switch to the Gateways and Servers tab AT ALL, because instead of switching the console just opens the object and does not display the gateways and servers tab. This bug is preventing us from doing critical work.

The Console is a published app on a Citrix server managed by another team, so no I do not have admin access to the machine where it runs from to clear caches or whatever.

R80.40 SC build 994000424

R80.40 SMS HF 91

I have a case open with TAC who have requested a support session, which is really difficult when we have limited hours on site with the customer to do real work.

Has anyone else seen this and/or can offer some advice?

Thx

Matt

0 Kudos
8 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Wow, thats e tough one...this is sort of catch 22 situation. I get why TAC asked you for remote session (makes sense), but I also get the issue with limited hours on site. Can you confirm if the smart dashboard build is the latest one? I know most of these issues can happen due to using older smart console version...however, if it is the latest, can they try another PC to see if results are different?

Andy

0 Kudos
cosmos
Advisor

Lucky I have another machine... runs the same console build tho (424) as it was used to test a previous console upgrade on the Citrix farm for a different SC issue. Can't replicate on the standalone VM even performing the same action and killing the console process mid flight so it sounds like a very specific set of conditions led to the issue.

It's a lot to ask the customer to update the Citrix app especially if we can't conclusively say it will fix the problem, but sounds like it's our only option. Sigh...

0 Kudos
Tomer_Noy
Employee
Employee

It sounds like a strange issue...

When you tried to reproduce on the other machine, did you connect to the same management server?

Also, I see that you're not using the latest SmartConsole. It's worth uninstalling the current, and installing the new one. There's a chance that it will make the issue go away (even if not conclusive). It might be easier than upgrading the Citrix as a first step.

You can find it here:
https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut... 

If the above didn't help, and you can't solve it via Citrix, it might help if you share a short video of the issue to make sure we fully understand it. You can send it to me privately.

cosmos
Advisor

Yep same MDS. I'm sure if we upgrade the console in the Citrix environment the problem will go away, but it's hard to justify the effort when there's no known issue being addressed. We'll give it a go 🙂

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I can only speak from my own experience...90% of the time, regardless of the similar errors you see in smart console, updating to latest dashboard build, always solves the issue. Nowdays, I dont even think twice about it : - )

0 Kudos
Tomer_Noy
Employee
Employee

@the_rock, I hope that with the auto-updatable SmartConsole in R81 and R81.10 you don't have to think once about it either 😉

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I hear you brother...lets hope so ; )

0 Kudos
cosmos
Advisor

I hope that with a native web interface we don't even have to touch SmartConsole 🙂

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events