Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority
Jump to solution

minimum required intrerfaces for LACP bond

Following Configuring the Minimal Number of Required Subordinate Interfaces for Bond Load Sharing we can change the required interfaces for a BOND interface to be up.

I found no similar description in the MAESTRO documentation. I think it's the same way to be configured with MAESTRO but maybe someone can confirm ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

I got an answer from TAC.

R81.10 => changing $FWDIR/conf/cpha_bond_ls_config.conf  Setting Critical Required Interfaces 

R81.20 => same as with R81.10 and solution mentioned by @Tom_Kendrick , changing „set chassis high-availability bond <bond_name> min_slaves <value>“  Both are possible.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Lets see if someone from CP can confirm for sure, but Im fairly positive would be the same.

Andy

0 Kudos
Dario_Perez
Employee Employee
Employee

That is Gaia Limitation and information, not related to maestro and/or chassis it does mean we apply the same concept as ClusterXL.

Sven_Glock
Advisor

Hi Wolfgang,

may I ask in this context: Are you working with kernel parameter "fwha_monitor_all_vlan=1" on maestro?
Sorry for beeing off topic.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Sven

0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

@Sven_Glock  yes, this is off topic 😉 We are using the default on all of our Maestro solutions:

[Expert@XX-XX-XX-ch01-01:0]# fw ctl get int fwha_monitor_all_vlan
fwha_monitor_all_vlan = 0

Tom_Kendrick
Employee
Employee

I had a discussion with R&D back in January this year. Here is what they shared:

From R81.20 we support min slave feature when you can configure how many slaves should be UP in order to the bond to be UP (cluster grade wise).

For example if you have 3 slaves, you can configure that the min slaves should be 3, therefore if one slave is down, the bond will monitored as down in cluster grade which will trigger failover.

You can define it in gclish:

set chassis high-availability bond <bond_name> min_slaves <value>

Installing policy after.

Monitor via:

cphaprob show_bond

0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

@Tom_Kendrick and @Dario_Perez now I‘ve got different answers from Check Point employees. Which one is working? I need this information for R81.10 and R81.20 Maestro solution.

_Val_
Admin
Admin

It is best to receive an official answer for your specific case via a TAC case.

0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

I got an answer from TAC.

R81.10 => changing $FWDIR/conf/cpha_bond_ls_config.conf  Setting Critical Required Interfaces 

R81.20 => same as with R81.10 and solution mentioned by @Tom_Kendrick , changing „set chassis high-availability bond <bond_name> min_slaves <value>“  Both are possible.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thanks for sharing!

0 Kudos